problems upgrading 6->7->2000

Post by Jim » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 02:49:49

Hi,

We've been running SQL 6 on an NT4 server machine.  We
installed SQL 7.0 and upgraded the database.  This
occurred without incident, except for some of our stored
procedures falling over (as expected).  However, we are
having problems upgrading this database to SQL 2000.  The
result is that it errors out and leaves the system
unusable.  Restoring the system using a ghost image, and
attempting the upgrade again, we get the same problem.
Any suggestions?

problems upgrading 6->7->2000

Post by Eric Weinraub[M » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 07:07:28

More info is needed.  What errors get raised during the upgrade to 2K.
Check the sqlstp.log file for error messages.

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

1. >>>SYBASE/UNIX ENIGNEERS WANTED>>>>Bay Area, CA.

TCN Needs SEVERAL Software Engineers until the end of the year plus
probable extensions

Responsibilities: Our Client is rebuilding their entire automated test
environment for their RDBMS software product.  You will be developing
test software for the QA Dept.  You will be looking at statements
regarding specific functions of the database and coding automated test
scripts that will be used be the Quality Assurance Department for
testing.  THIS IS A CHALLENGING, HIGHLY VISIBLE PROJECT!!!!

Required: SYBASE, SQL, C, SHELL SCRIPT OR PERL OR LISP, UNIX, Excellent
English Language skills, knowledge of testing methodologies.

Desired: SunOS, SOLARIS, TCL, TET, Test Script Development, DBA
Experience

Location: Bay Area, California (near Oakland/Berkeley)

Start date is JULY 10th  and THE CLIENT IS INTERVIEWING NOW!!!!

We will work with Independent Incorporated Contractors OR W2's

Please respond immediately to:
Ilene Blender
TCN
1020 Marsh Road, Suite 110
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(415) 324-3222 x-251
(415) 324-2922 fax

**Please note there are NO ENTRY LEVEL OPENINGS!  You must have at
least a minimum of 5 years of paid computer industry experience!

2. ORACLE DBA MIAMI-FL PERMANENT

3. Delphi>>>>>>>

4. FM 5 compatibility

5. Check out the Web below for great Computer Prices >>>>>>>>>>>>

6. Links in Access

7. >>>>>>UNIX/SYBASE ENGINEERS WANTED>>>>>> Bay Area, CA

8. Check out the Web below for great Computer Prices >>>>>>>>>>>>

9. ------>>>>>>CASH IN ON THE NET

10. DTS problem SQL7->DTS->Excel->DTS->SQL7

11. >>-----------> Upgrading to Windows NT- 4.0

12. 7 ---->>> 2000