SQL 2000 DTS export to Excel problem with Nulls

SQL 2000 DTS export to Excel problem with Nulls

Post by liz » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 01:19:13

I have just upgraded to SQL 2000 from 7. I am having
problems with null placements within my Excel file after
running a DTS Package. But if I run the same query in the
Query Analyzer window then import the results into Excel
there is no problem. So it just occurs when using DTS.

Expected results and results from QA:
1,,,2,3

Actual results from DTS import

1,2,3,,,

For some reason it doesn't recognize the nulls and moves
data to the left. In the Transform Data Task Properties>
Options tab I've checked Use Fast Load and Keep null
values. Any suggestions would be helpful?

SQL 2000 DTS export to Excel problem with Nulls

Post by Douglas Laudenschlager [M » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 02:46:08

Liz,

This is a known issue that has been fixed. Please download Jet Service Pack
6 from:

Q239114 ACC2000: Updated Version of Microsoft Jet 4.0 Available
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q239114

We've documented this issue in the following articles, although it might be
hard to find the right search words that would turn up these articles:

Q314763 FIX: ADO Inserts Data into Wrong Columns in Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q314763
Q294410 ACC2002: Nulls Replaced w/ Next Field's Data Exporting to Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q294410

Let me know if you have any problem finding or applying the fix.

-Doug

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

SQL 2000 DTS export to Excel problem with Nulls

Post by <srber.. » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:37:03

Doug:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I work in an financial
institution, so you can see how this would be a problem!!

Liz

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Liz,

>This is a known issue that has been fixed. Please

download Jet Service Pack
Quote:>6 from:

>Q239114 ACC2000: Updated Version of Microsoft Jet 4.0
Available
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;Q239114

>We've documented this issue in the following articles,

although it might be
Quote:>hard to find the right search words that would turn up
these articles:

>Q314763 FIX: ADO Inserts Data into Wrong Columns in Excel
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;Q314763
>Q294410 ACC2002: Nulls Replaced w/ Next Field's Data
Exporting to Excel
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;Q294410

>Let me know if you have any problem finding or applying
the fix.

>-Doug

confers no rights.

>Are you secure? For information about the Microsoft

Strategic Technology

Quote:>Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool
Kit, please visit
>http://www.microsoft.com/security.

>.

SQL 2000 DTS export to Excel problem with Nulls

Post by Douglas Laudenschlager [M » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 02:07:59

Liz,

Yes, I worked in a trust department before Microsoft, and I shudder to
think what numbers in the wrong column might have done to my calculations!
   :-)

Best wishes,

-Doug

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

1. SQL 2000 DTS export to Excel

Howdy

Is there any ready-to-go vbscript that will allow me to:

Export data from SQL 2000 using DTS but let me write the data into an
Excel speadsheet , and let me control which rows & coluimns to populate?

Any help apprciated...I am going nuts over this.....

JB

2. US-Database Administrator

3. problem in exporting sql table into csv file thro DTS in SQL Server 2000

4. PL/SQL stored procedure

5. Column display null while exporting from Excel Through DTS

6. ODBC DB2 problems

7. DTS Export: How to have nulls export as blanks on fixed width export

8. database definition

9. DTS Export to Excel 2000

10. Interesting SQL export/DTS problem to Excel Spredsheet??

11. exporting SQL 2000 data into FoxPro dbf with DTS (problem with memo field)