Problem with install MSDE on Windows XP Home Edition

Problem with install MSDE on Windows XP Home Edition

Post by Tomasz Wojtkowia » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 20:23:54

I have problem with instalation msde on two different
machine with Win XP Home.
I attached sqlstp.log.
There is cnfgsvr.out file:
--
Starting Service ...

Connecting to Server ...

driver={sql server};server=.;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

[Microsoft][Menedżer sterownikw ODBC] Nie można odnaleźć
nazwy źrdła danych, a nie ma podanego sterownika
domyślnego

driver={sql server};server=.;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

[Microsoft][Menedżer sterownikw ODBC] Nie można odnaleźć
nazwy źrdła danych, a nie ma podanego sterownika
domyślnego

driver={sql server};server=MB24;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

[Microsoft][Menedżer sterownikw ODBC] Nie można odnaleźć
nazwy źrdła danych, a nie ma podanego sterownika
domyślnego

SQL Server configuration failed.
--

 "Nie można odnaleźć nazwy źrdła danych, a nie ma
podanego sterownika domyślnego" in english means "Data

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Tomasz Wojtkowiak

  sqlstp.log
5K Download

Problem with install MSDE on Windows XP Home Edition

Post by Vassilis Perantzaki » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 23:53:50

If your XP came preinstalled in your system then rename your computer and
try the setup again. Had the same problem on all my preinstalled machines.

[...]

Post by Tomasz Wojtkowia » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 15:55:34

Quote:>If your XP came preinstalled in your system then rename
your computer and
>try the setup again. Had the same problem on all my

preinstalled machines.

Thank you, but this computers has changed names, but
problem still appear :(

--
Tomasz Wojtkowiak

1. Problem installing MSDE Desktop edition with XP Home

Help please!

I am trying to install the Desktop edition of MSDE on a laptop running
XP Home. I get almost all the way through the installation process,
the services start, and then upon trying to connect to the SQL Server
the installation bombs because it can't connect. The error message
that appears says:

Setup failed to configure the server. Refer to the server error logs
and cnfgsvr.out for more information.

I have added a user called sa with no password.

Cnfgsvr.out reads like this:

Starting Service ...

Connecting to Server ...

driver={sql server};server=.;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

driver={sql server};server=.;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

driver={sql server};server=STEPH_DELL;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

SQL Server configuration failed.

Can anyone help me get this installed? I've tried everything I can
think of including having stopped services for my antivirus software
and Protected Storage.

Thanks!
Stephanie

2. phantom procedure - mi_prepare() fails sometimes, but sometimes do not

3. MSDE does not install on XP home edition !!!

4. VA-SR. TECHNO/FUNCTIONAL FINANCIALS

5. cannot install SQL Server 2000 on Windows XP home edition

6. Database in Visual C++

7. installing ms sql 2000 server in windows XP home edition

8. The Fifth International Conference On Database Systems For Advanced Applications

9. Installing SQL Server in Windows XP Home Edition

10. Connecting from Windows XP Home Edition using Windows NT authentication

11. Installing MSDE on XP Home and install rolls back with no error messages

12. DB2 Personal Edition Install Error on Windows XP Professional Edition

13. Installing SQL Server on a XP Home Edition PC