Langauge database/cache file could not be found

Langauge database/cache file could not be found

Post by Rudolf Wiene » Thu, 04 Jul 2002 22:55:13

When I issue a full text query against the catalog I get the above error
message. Now, I've seen in the newsgroup that I am not the first one with
this problem. I did check the locale settings and I tested this from the
client (error msg) and from the server (works ok) but I didn't get any
wiser.

Client (not working locally but accessing the server):
WinXP Prof. English, regional setting: German (Austria)

directory windows\system32 contains both wbcache.deu and wbdbase.deu but not
*.dea

Server:
Win2000 Svr English, regional setting: German (Austria)

directory winnt\system32 contains both wbcache.deu and wbdbase.deu but not
*.dea

So, both systems seem to have the same settings (except the OS itself).
If the regional settings are the problem, what is necessary to synchronize
the components?

Greetings
Rudi

Langauge database/cache file could not be found

Post by Hilary Cotte » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 00:45:49

copy the *.deu files to *.dea
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>When I issue a full text query against the catalog I get
the above error
>message. Now, I've seen in the newsgroup that I am not
the first one with
>this problem. I did check the locale settings and I

tested this from the
>client (error msg) and from the server (works ok) but I
didn't get any
>wiser.

>Client (not working locally but accessing the server):
>WinXP Prof. English, regional setting: German (Austria)

>directory windows\system32 contains both wbcache.deu and
wbdbase.deu but not
>*.dea

>Server:
>Win2000 Svr English, regional setting: German (Austria)

>directory winnt\system32 contains both wbcache.deu and
wbdbase.deu but not
>*.dea

>So, both systems seem to have the same settings (except
the OS itself).
>If the regional settings are the problem, what is

necessary to synchronize

Quote:>the components?

>Greetings
>Rudi

>.

Langauge database/cache file could not be found

Post by Graham Foste » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:12:49

I have also had this problem and it has nothing to do with
your local settings its the language of your catalogue.

Resolved by the following:

SQL server does not install all the language files it
needs, and only installed US english and german for me so
when i want to use UK english (for example) it wasnt there.

Copy all the language files from the sql disk to your
system there are two files for each language.

I think that there is not a lot of support for this as US
english is installed by default, and support is more than
likely done by americans.....maybe

Hope this helps

Graham Foster

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>When I issue a full text query against the catalog I get
the above error
>message. Now, I've seen in the newsgroup that I am not
the first one with
>this problem. I did check the locale settings and I

tested this from the
>client (error msg) and from the server (works ok) but I
didn't get any
>wiser.

>Client (not working locally but accessing the server):
>WinXP Prof. English, regional setting: German (Austria)

>directory windows\system32 contains both wbcache.deu and
wbdbase.deu but not
>*.dea

>Server:
>Win2000 Svr English, regional setting: German (Austria)

>directory winnt\system32 contains both wbcache.deu and
wbdbase.deu but not
>*.dea

>So, both systems seem to have the same settings (except
the OS itself).
>If the regional settings are the problem, what is

necessary to synchronize

Quote:>the components?

>Greetings
>Rudi

>.

1. Server: Msg 7619 Langauge database/cache file could not be found

Hi,

I have a SQL 2000 on Win2000. When using the Full Text Search like

select mt_id from my_table where contains (mt_content, 'support')

I got the message

Server: Msg 7619, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Execution of a full-text operation failed. Langauge database/cache file
could not be found.

The Catalog is running and populated with some items.

Thank you for any help.

Manfred

2. procedure: update a nested table syntax

3. Langauge database/cache file could not be found.

4. Function-Based index

5. Langauge database/cache file could not be found ?

6. updating

7. Msg 7619 Langauge database/cache file could not be found

8. COPY problem

9. SQL Server 2000: Langauge database/cache file could not be found

10. Langauge database/cache file could not be found

11. Langauge database/cache file could not be found.

12. language database / cache file could not be found

13. Language database/cache file not found