Excel Pivot Table - Unable to Limit Selection Criteria

Excel Pivot Table - Unable to Limit Selection Criteria

Post by MicroGlyphic » Sun, 22 Sep 2002 07:38:51

I apologise for posting this question here, but it seems that most Pivot
Table questions are answered in this forum.

I have created a Pivot Table in Excel 2000. On some users' machines the
user is unable to select (limit) the result set. Checkboxes are
available, but their state (checked) cannot be changed. (Some machines
do allow the user to make this change.) I am using a Trusted Connection
to a SQL 2000 DB.

When the item in the ROW is moved to the PAGE area, users can limit the
result set to a single item. The problem happens when the user tries to
limit the result set in while the item is in the ROW area, so the users
cannot select multiple criteria.

I have looked at the SQL Security, and the permissions do not appear to
be different between the users who can and the users who cannot do the
multiple select.

Does anybody have any ideas?

I have been programming for years, but I am new to pivot tables, so it
might just be that I am a neophyte.

Thanks,

Bry

1. Excel Pivot Table Selection

The "Show All" option was added to Excel 2002 (XP) and is not available in
Excel 2000.  When you publish a workbook with interactivity, Excel creates
a web page that uses the "Office PivotTable Component" --  the PivotTable
component has the "Show All" option.  The Office PivotTable Components
(OWC), run independently of Excel and have features that are not
necessarily in Excel (and vice versa).

The only way to achieve "Show All" type functionality in Excel 2000 would
be with code, i.e.:

    With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("field1")
        .PivotItems("a").Visible = False
        .PivotItems("b").Visible = False
    End With

For questions about Excel programmability or the OWC, see the
microsoft.public.excel.programming or
microsoft.public.office.developer.web.components respectively.

Regards,
Lori Turner
Microsoft Developer Support

--------------------

2. Roles problem

3. Excel 2000 Pivot Table Limit?

5. Performance differences between Pivot Table in EXCEL, Pivot List in MSOWC.dll

6. OO4O/VB5 GetChunck Error Question

7. Pivot table in Excel 2000 vs Excel XP

8. Selecting TransactionID?

9. Linking a cube to SQLServer table of selection criteria

10. Pivot Tables export to excel

11. Excel Pivot Table and Security

12. OLAP cube with parent-child dimension and Excel pivot table problem

13. Excel Pivot table