Ms-SQL Internals

Post by Andrew Tippet » Fri, 04 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I have been given the task of researching the various methods that
are used to ensure that a database can recover from software and/or
hardware failures.

Therefore, I need to know where I can get in-depth information
as to the internal workings of Ms-SQL 7, in terms of ensuring data
integrity.

This project will essentially be contrasting the differing approaches
to data security from a number of commercial database servers
(e.g. Ms-Sql, Oracle, InterBase...).

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be much
appreciated...

Andrew

Ms-SQL Internals

Post by Neil Pik » Fri, 04 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Andrew - get "Inside SQL Server 7.0" from MS Press.  But you aren't going to
find holes in any of the major products these days - they are all mature.

 Reply here - no email
 SQL FAQ (484 entries) see
 forumsb.compuserve.com/gvforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps (faqrtf.zip - L7
- SQL Public)
 or    http://www.ntfaq.com/Section.cfm?sectionID=34
 or www.sqlserverfaq.com
 or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

Ms-SQL Internals

Post by Andrew Tippet » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Thanks for your kind help, I will follow your links.

--
Regards,
Andrew.