Multiserver Administration

Post by Sterling Hicko » Fri, 03 May 2002 23:39:29

I've read that it is possible to have the same job run on target servers as
well as the master server, but I don't see a way in Enterprise Manager to
make this happen.  Is anyone familiar with how to do this?

Multiserver Administration

Post by Rinu Varghes » Sat, 04 May 2002 02:27:54

Sterling,

I don't have much experience in this one but if you go to management -->
SqlServer Agent and right click, one of the option you have is
multiserver administration.
Hope this helps.

1. Multiserver Administration

Hello,

To create a multiserver environment, please check the security settings for
the SQL Server Agent service and the SQL Server service on the server that
will become target server.
It is recommended that both services be running in Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
or Windows 2000 domain accounts.(Click start->program files->administrative
tools->services. If you specified the startup account as local system
account, please change it back.)
Please refer to the SQL Server online books about the topic '' for more
information.
In addition, I hope the following article could be of some help to you.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;277029

Sincerely,

Eric Yang [MS]
Microsoft Support

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This is our online
account name for newsgroup participation only.
This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

2. Problem with export and import and spaces

3. Multiserver Administration (MSX)

4. filter with graphs(table not equivalent)

5. Multiserver Administration Question

6. sysviews corrupted

7. MultiServer Administration On Clustered Servers

8. BETA SITES WANTED

9. Multiserver Administration (MSX)

10. Multiserver Administration

11. VA-Arlington-249483--Network Administration-Systems Administration-Web Applicati

12. Universe SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION/DATABASE ADMINISTRATION training

13. MultiServer Setup