Inconsistent Select

Post by Thomas Boli » Thu, 08 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have a select statement that usually returns in subsecond time, but
occasionaly it seems to hang and doesn't return for several minutes the
largest of which has been about 15 minutes.  I am not sure where to
start looking for the problem, I have used profiler to see if some other
transaction is holding it up but that does not appear to be happening
either. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Thom

1. Inconsistent Select

I have a select statement that usually returns in subsecond time, but
occasionaly it seems to hang and doesn't return for several minutes the
largest of which has been about 15 minutes.  I am not sure where to
start looking for the problem, I have used profiler to see if some other

transaction is holding it up but that does not appear to be happening
either. Any suggestions would be appreciated?   One other thing that I
have found is that while one query may be running exrtremely long
several other queuries of the same format will complete in sub second
time.

Thom

2. ROTFLOL

3. inconsistent select query performance

4. can't register msjet40.dll

5. Inconsistent Select behavior

6. VB3 to SQL Server 6.5 give instant ODBC Timeout.

7. Select into from Mainframe Cobol returns inconsistent results

8. error updating text field

9. Select - SQL gives inconsistent results

10. Inconsistent Results with TOP in SQLSvr2000

11. Inconsistent Storing of Records in MS SQL Server

12. Msg. 7353 - inconsistent metadata

13. Inconsistent data errors - Acc97-SQL7