Example of VC++/SQL Debugger handoff?

Post by Kevin Dombrosk » Fri, 17 Oct 2003 04:01:50

Howdy,

    I have read in the VC++ help that you can debug your C++ and step into
your stored procedure (having the VC++ de* "handoff" the SQL De*),
or that's what the docs seem to imply. Has anyone gotten this to work? Can
you provide an example? Please let me know - thanks.

Example of VC++/SQL Debugger handoff?

Post by Kevin Dombrosk » Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:02:36

Nobody has done this? Not even MS Engineers? Is this simply propaganda in
the help files?

> Howdy,

>     I have read in the VC++ help that you can debug your C++ and step into
> your stored procedure (having the VC++ de* "handoff" the SQL
De*),
> or that's what the docs seem to imply. Has anyone gotten this to work? Can
> you provide an example? Please let me know - thanks.

Example of VC++/SQL Debugger handoff?

Post by Tibor Karasz » Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:16:38

Just because you didn't get a reply here, in this peer to peer forum, doesn't mean that nobody did
this. It just mean that nobody *who read this message* did this.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Archive at: http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Nobody has done this? Not even MS Engineers? Is this simply propaganda in
> the help files?

> > Howdy,

> >     I have read in the VC++ help that you can debug your C++ and step into
> > your stored procedure (having the VC++ de* "handoff" the SQL
> De*),
> > or that's what the docs seem to imply. Has anyone gotten this to work? Can
> > you provide an example? Please let me know - thanks.

Example of VC++/SQL Debugger handoff?

Post by Kevin Dombrosk » Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:23:21

Microsoft engineers - no comment? Can this be done or not?

> Howdy,

>     I have read in the VC++ help that you can debug your C++ and step into
> your stored procedure (having the VC++ de* "handoff" the SQL
De*),
> or that's what the docs seem to imply. Has anyone gotten this to work? Can
> you provide an example? Please let me know - thanks.

Example of VC++/SQL Debugger handoff?

Post by Gert E.R. Draper » Tue, 11 Nov 2003 01:47:11

Yes, follow the troubleshooting guide in SQL Server Books Online.

Please reply only to the newsgroups.
You assume all risk for your use.
Copyright ? SQLDev.Net 1991-2003 All rights reserved.

> Microsoft engineers - no comment? Can this be done or not?

> > Howdy,

> >     I have read in the VC++ help that you can debug your C++ and step
into
> > your stored procedure (having the VC++ de* "handoff" the SQL
> De*),
> > or that's what the docs seem to imply. Has anyone gotten this to work?
Can
> > you provide an example? Please let me know - thanks.

1. Need example of using SHAPED query with ADO and vc++

I want to retrieve hierarchacle recordsets from MS SQL 7.0 using ADO from
within a visual C++ application.  I find some examples on MS site using VB,
but would like something already coded in VC++ to look at as an example.
Any out there?

TIA
Steve Rogers

2. problem with crystal report in VB6

3. Filter consecutive records

4. SQL Debugger: SFI Announces New Debugger Capability To be Included in SQL-Programmer 2.5 This Summer

5. Scripting of Table and column descriptions

6. BUG in SQLOLE, VC Debugger or _my_code ?!?!?!?

7. ADO Components

8. VC-DEBUGGER can't install

9. BUG in SQLOLE, VC Debugger or _My_Code ?!?!?!?

10. VC++ debugger