Replication questions

Post by Paul Baue » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 04:55:45

I have a couple of replication questions.
1. Is the relay agent required with active sync 3.5?
2. If you are only using rda do you need to configure the sql2000 server for
replication?
3. Does the relay agent even run on XP?
4. Has anyone successfully done rda replication to an XP pro box running
sql2000?

Thanks.

Paul Bauer

Replication questions

Post by Paul Baue » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 07:22:39

Well I managed to figure these out. Hopefully this info might help someone
else from spending the time I already spent.

1. Is the relay agent required with active sync 3.5?
Nope. Not according to the SQLCERelay document I found on the SQLCE site.

2. If you are only using rda do you need to configure the sql2000 server for
replication?
Nope.

3. Does the relay agent even run on XP?
Actually I did not find the answer to this, but since I am running Active
Sync 3.5 I do not need it.

4. Has anyone successfully done rda replication to an XP pro box running
sql2000?
Yes I actually got it working. After reading the SQLCE security document I
realized I needed to allow more access to the sscesa10.dll file and the
folder it resides in. The IUSER was being denied access.

I have a couple of replication questions.
1. Is the relay agent required with active sync 3.5?
2. If you are only using rda do you need to configure the sql2000 server for
replication?
3. Does the relay agent even run on XP?
4. Has anyone successfully done rda replication to an XP pro box running
sql2000?

Thanks.

Paul Bauer

1. Enterprise Replication - Questions on monitoring Replication

Hello all,

We have been using ER now for around 3-4 months and have found the manuals
and information supplied rather limiting.

We have two sets of two Sun Solaris boxes running replication (one set as
test, the second is live).

We have managed to set up the servers and replicates and have by trial and
(many, many) error(s) managed to stumble along so far, but we now have some
questions on monitoring and using replication.

Questions:

1.      How do we monitor what data is still unsent on a server? (How do we
know when both sides are up to date?)
                (We have been selecting bytesqued from sysmaster:syscdrq but
some tables seem to always have a bytesqued count.)
2.      How do we monitor the volume of data replicated (in rows / bytes)
for each table.
3.      We have both Primary / Target and Update anywhere replicates defined
and have taken the following approach:
-       Set conflict resolution to ignore for Primary / Target replicates
because there should not be any update conflict.
-       Set conflict to timestamp and add CRCOLS for Update anywhere
replicates.
-       When using timestamp conflict resolution the times on both servers
become critical.
4.      We have turned on both ATS and RIS spooling and check the
directories for errors, what else should / can we do to check for
replication errors.
5.      We use cdr suspend on both servers when we want to take one server
off line (for DBA or reboots etc...), we presume cdr suspend keeps the data
queued (we have tested this and it seems correct, the manual contradicts
itself in different sections). What steps should we follow when we want to
reboot a server?
6.      We limit the use of cdr stop, this is only used when we have
exclusive use of both servers (usually when we need to do DBA work on
replicated tables).
7.      What steps should we follow to remove replication between the two
servers? (especially if we want to run our cdr define server scripts again
later).
8.      How do we know that both servers are in sync (especially for proof
for the Auditors) should we add CRCOLS and timestamp conflict resolution
just so we can check the tables are identical? If yes, then I guess this
means we would have to change all Primary / Target replicates to update
anywhere. (When trying to set a P/T replicate to timestamp conflict I get
the following error from the cdr define replicate command failed -- conflict
mode for replicate not ignore  (69)).
9.      What other monitoring / error checking should we do?
10.     What standard commands are others using?

TIA and Regards,

Stephen

2. Transaction log in sql7.0

3. Replication question

4. DO YOU WANT MAKE LOVE TONIGHT? -?QUIERES HACER EL AMOR ESTA NOCHE? 24003

5. SQL Replication question

6. NAIUA OpenROAD Web Page Update - 29-May-2000

7. replication question

8. Progress Positions Full-time.

9. Replication question

10. Replication Question ?

11. Replication question

12. Replication question with MSSQL Server 6.5