Help!

Post by Dave Penningto » Thu, 08 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Help!  Whenever I try to start SQL, I receive the following message:

Error : 1105, Severity: 17, State: 2
Can't allocate space for object 'Syslogs' in database 'model' because the
'logsegment' segment is full. If you ran out of space in Syslogs, dump the
transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to
increase the size of the segment.

Since the problem is in the model database, SQL won't start.  If it won't
start, how can I fix it?

Thanks in Advance.

Dave Pennington

Help!

Post by Greg Mabl » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Easy one!
Check out the online books for error 1105.
It talks about what to do to fix the problem:
In a nutshell:
1. start sql server using trace flag 3608
You do this by using the -T3608 in the SEM dialog Server - SQL Server -
Configure
and click on the Parameters button and add the -T3608.  Then stop and
restart sql server.
Remeber to remove this parameter later.

 2. Execute the following statements to set the no chkpt on recovery option
on the model database:
sp_dboption model, 'no chkpt', true
go
use model
go
checkpoint
go
 3. Restart SQL Server.
 4. Execute the following statement to truncate the inactive portion of the
transaction log in model:
dump tran model with no_log
go
 5. Reset the database option on model:
sp_dboption model, 'no chkpt', false
go
use model
go
checkpoint
go

>Help!  Whenever I try to start SQL, I receive the following message:

>Error : 1105, Severity: 17, State: 2
>Can't allocate space for object 'Syslogs' in database 'model' because the
>'logsegment' segment is full. If you ran out of space in Syslogs, dump the
>transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to
>increase the size of the segment.

>Since the problem is in the model database, SQL won't start.  If it won't
>start, how can I fix it?

>Thanks in Advance.

>Dave Pennington

1. help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,

Hi,
I have a small problem, and if you know the answer I would really be
thankful for your help.
I have an access database which is called "Client.mdb"
on a form, I displayed a dbcombox for the costumer's name
a textbox for the address
a textbox for the city
a textbox for the state
and a textbox for the zipcode

on all my textboxes and the dbcombobox I have set their Datasource and
Datafield properties to Data1,
when I run the program the information on the first record of the data shows
on the form,

but what I need to do is, when I change the costumer's name on the
dbcombobox (which displays all of the costumer's names on it) I want the
textboxes to show the address, city, state, and zipcode of the costumer I
have choosen,

Thank you in advance,
Enrique G Lugo

2. COUNT SQL EXAMPLE NEEDED

3. Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,

4. changing sort order from binary(50) to case insensitive(52)

5. help help help help help help help help help

6. 'No value given for required parameter' error?

7. SQL To ORACLE Help Help Help Help Help

8. Failure ADO 2.5 Disconnected Recordset

9. query:HELP! HELP HELP HELP HELP

10. Help help help help

11. HELP HELP HELP HELP!

12. HELP HELP HELP HELP