Displaying a message in a While loop

Post by Dan Thompso » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I am processing weekly data for a complete year.

I would like to know what week I have just processed so I can get some
idea
where the process is.

This is basically what I'm doing.

begin

end

Displaying a message in a While loop

Post by Bob Pfeif » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

This will do it, not sure how the raiserror might affect your application
however:

begin

end

Displaying a message in a While loop

Post by Dan Thompso » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Bob,

Work like a champ.  I think what did was the "with nowait" on the raiserror.

Thanks alot

later

dan

> This will do it, not sure how the raiserror might affect your application
> however:

> begin

> end

Displaying a message in a While loop

Post by Bob Pfeif » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Have to give credit to William Talada who reminded me via a post a few days
ago of this trick that is useful for debugging as well.

1. Merge replication message loop

Can anyone explain why the merge replication process loops? And if this a
good or bad thing? Frequently, when a subscriber synchronizes, the status
messages will repeat as follows:

Processing Article <table1>
Processing Article <table2>
Processing Article <table3>
Processing Article <table4>
Processing Deletions
Processing Article <table1>
Processing Article <table2>
Processing Article <table3>
Processing Article <table4>
Processing Deletions
Processing Article <table1>
Processing Article <table2>
Processing Article <table3>
Processing Article <table4>

2. Why no opcode for locking?

3. Can I use ADO to display a stored procedure's message

4. connecting across a WAN

5. How to display multiple line message

6. US-PA: Pottstown-Business Development Mgr-Oracle Clinical

7. Update db confirmation message not displayed

8. Montreal: "Developer/2000", Programmeur-Analyste *** Programmer-Analyst

9. Displaying Page Views for Messages in Discussion Board

10. Display Error Message

11. Display of Error Messages

12. Custom Task Error Handling - Displaying Custom Error Message

13. Suppress Server Message Display