1. ?Miscellaneous Newby Stupid Questions
Using SQL Server 2000...
1. The enterprise manager shows my server as "DELL500 (Windows NT)". Is
"(Windows NT)" part of the name, or is my server called just "DELL500"?
2. I use Windows only authentication, and the startup service account is
System Account. When I run osql, what password do I use? Currently the
error I get is:
c:\log4>osql /U administrator /P
Login failed for user 'administrator'. Reason: Not associated with a
SQL Server connection.
3. In my C++ app I open a connection like this:
CString ConnectionString = (CString) "Provider=sqloledb;Data
Source=;Integrated Security='SSPI';Initial Catalog=Northwind;User
Connection.Open(ConnectionString, "", "", NULL);
How does it know which server to use? What does SSPI refer to?
4. When I execute the following:
Connection.Execute("CREATE DATABASE MyCDatabase", &Dummy, 0);
It works fine, but throws an exception. Is that normal?
5. When I execute this:
Connection.Execute("CREATE TABLE test.FromC(job_id smallint
IDENTITY(1,1) PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED)", &Dummy, 0);
I get the error: "Specified owner name 'test' either does not exist or you
do not have permission to use it." How should this command be written?
2. Shared memory connections (NETTYPE)
3. Newby Query Question
4. select "tdm: set sql_max_rows = 10"
5. Newby SP result set question
6. share database
7. newby trigger question
8. vb5 print screen code?
9. newby question about copying database
10. newby stored procedure question
11. Newby Query Question
12. Newby Trigger question
13. Newby Question ... Removing a Column