Cannot normally install SQL Server 6.5 (workstation vrsion)on WinNT 4.0 Workstation

Cannot normally install SQL Server 6.5 (workstation vrsion)on WinNT 4.0 Workstation

Post by Raffi Bezidjia » Sat, 16 Jan 1999 04:00:00

If you don't have a network card on the pc, I believe you need to add the
"MS Loopback Adapter".

--
Raffi

============

1. Problem Installing SQL Server 6.5 on NT 4.0 Workstation SP3

Newby with SQL SERVER needs help:

I have good indication that SQL Server can run on NT4 WORKSTATION (SP3).

I am setting it up as a stand-alone DBMS, and it appears to be relatively
straight forward.
I have named pipes selected, and I select to have the SQL Executive log on
using a local
system account (which has admin rights).

However, in the final thows of installation, the installation program tries
to dial up my ISP number (!) looking for the name of the current logged-on
NT
account. This surely should not be. Installation subsequently failes, due to
"Setup could could not connect to SQL Server" error.

I have also created a separate account for SQL Server with admin rights,
and selected to have the SQL Executive
log on to NT using this account. The same error occurs.

Any feedback much appreciated,

Gerrit Hoekstra
WI, USA

2. setup wizard/making exe?

3. SOS : how install SQL Server 6.5 with NT Workstation 4.0

4. need help with oracle question

5. Installing Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 Developer Edition On Windows NT Workstation 4.0 sp3

6. <<MD- SR POWERBUILDER/SYBASE PROGRAMMERS>>

7. Installing SQL Server 6.5 under NT 4.0 Workstation

8. Record band too large

9. Cannot UN-INSTALL SQL 6.5 off my NT 4.0 Server

10. WinNT 4.0, workstation install fails

11. SQL 6.5 Workstation Installation Problem on NT 4.0 Workstation

12. Problem installing SQLServer 6.5 Client on NT Workstation 4.0

13. Install SQL 6.5 Srv Pck 3 for SQL 6.5 Workstation