Sample from send-stone in OLE DB for Data Mining Resource Kit

Sample from send-stone in OLE DB for Data Mining Resource Kit

Post by Peter Kim [MS » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 07:34:36

The following is excerpts from the FAQ (http://groups.msn.com/AnalysisServicesDataMining/faq.msnw)

25.  What is the sample provider and where to get?

SQL Server Analysis Services SP1 supports aggregated provider functionality so that other algorithm vendors could develop their own
OLE DB for DM provider and plug it into Analysis Services platform. A white paper discussing the implementation of aggregated data
mining providers is available at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/BI/2000/dmproviderswp.asp

In order to leverage the effort of ISVs to build data mining providers, Microsoft has made the data mining sample provider with
source code available. The sample code includes the complete implementation of an aggregated provider as well as the following:

  a.. All required OLE DB objects, such as session, command, and rowset
  b.. The OLE DB for Data Mining syntax parser
  c.. Tokenization of input data
  d.. Query processing engine
  e.. A sample Na?ve Bayes algorithm
  f.. Model archiving in XML and binary formats
The sample provider source code including other resource kits are available to download at
http://www.microsoft.com/Data/oledb/DMResKit.htm.

--
Peter Kim
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.

> I want know how to use the Sample from send-stone in OLE
> DB for Data Mining Resource Kit.Anyone who have used it
> can teach me ?
> thank you

1. OLE DB for Data Mining Sample Provider Help

You could download DMSample appl from http://groups.msn.com/AnalysisServicesDataMining.
The DMSample app is a VB program (available as source code) that allows you to create
OLEDB DM commands (CREATE/INSERT/SELECT and etc) and send them to the Analysis
server, and display the result of execution. For the detail of the syntax, please look at the OLEDB DM spec
(http://www.microsoft.com/data/oledb/dm.htm).

I also suggest to visit the FAQ page (http://groups.msn.com/AnalysisServicesDataMining/faq.msnw)
for many other useful info.

--
Peter Kim
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.

2. Fax from ASP/SQL Server

3. OLE DB for Data Mining Sample Provider

4. dBase Resourse File Error ???

5. LBU_PRESERVE error message

6. OLE DB FOR DATA MINING SAMPLE PROVIDER

7. SQL - NT failed install - dies with failed login

8. OLE DB for Data Mining Sample Provider

9. OLE DB for Data Mining

10. Some OLE DB Data Mining questions

11. OLE DB Data Mining SQL syntax