Restore database - DB NOT Operational

Post by Sarah Henwo » Fri, 25 May 2001 05:30:51

You can issue another restore and specify to just recover only:

RESTORE DATABASE <dbname> WITH RECOVERY

Sarah Henwood
Microsoft SQL Server Support

Restore database - DB NOT Operational

Post by Anna Li » Fri, 25 May 2001 06:02:25

hey Sarah,

Thanks for replying.  This is the message I got when I issued "Restore Database Ids_dev with recovery"

File 'IDS_V6' was only partially restored by a database or file restore. The entire file must be successfully restored before applying the log.
Server: Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

Thanks, Anna

1. Restoring a database to an operational state.

I restored a database using the Restore wizard in EM.  After the restoration
was complete, the database was left nonoperational.  I don't have any other
files to restore and I didn't specify "Leave the database nonoperational.."
option when I did the restoration.  I don't know why the db was left
nonoperational since the default option in the wizard is to leave the db
operational.  If anybody knows why the db was left nonoperational, could you
tell me?  Is there away of making the database operational?

Thanks,
Dave Brown

2. NewEra 3.1 DLL problem

3. trouble restoring a DB, trouble deleting half-restored DB

4. Announcement: INXUTIL Electronic Magazine - March 1997 Issue

5. status of not operational

6. temporary table from file

7. SQL 6.5 DB Restoring vs SQL 7.0 DB Restoring

8. Data Extraction

9. Problem Restoring an SQL 7.0 database to SQL 2000 - Database Not Published

10. Operational and Development database

11. Restoring a database, fails with database not published

12. inventory of operational databases