Problems to Install SQL 2000 Enterprise on Windows 2000 SP3

Problems to Install SQL 2000 Enterprise on Windows 2000 SP3

Post by Thomas » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 01:23:24

I've problems to install SQL 2000 Enterprise on  a Windows 2000 SP3 Stand
Alone Server. Most of the POST SP4 Patches are also installed. I also
stopped unecessary service like anti-virus e.t.c.  On the licencse screen I
get the following error message "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress"
and I just can exit the setup. Does somebody have some advices ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Tom

Problems to Install SQL 2000 Enterprise on Windows 2000 SP3

Post by Mandar Nai » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 14:29:14

Hi Tom,

This can only be caused due to resource conflict due to a third party
service on Windows 2000.

Shut down all NON default NT server services.
The following is an example list of default services.
(Stop services if they are not on the following list):

Alerter
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
Directory Replicator
Event Log
License
Logging
Net Logon
Network DDE
Network DDE DSDM
Plug n Play
NT LM Security Support Provider
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service
Server
Spooler
TCP/IP Netbios Helper
Workstation

After all non-essential services are stopped,
we may need to stop some potentially conflicting processes,
Go to Task Manager and stop anything that is not listed below:

csrss.exe,
Explorer.exe,
llssrv.exe,
loadwc.exe,
lsass.exe,
nddeagnt.exe,
pstores.exe,
RpcSs.exe,
services.exe,
smss.exe,
spools.exe,
System,
System Idle Process,
taskmgr.exe,
winlogon.exe

HTH
Mandar.

Quote:> I've problems to install SQL 2000 Enterprise on  a Windows 2000 SP3 Stand
> Alone Server. Most of the POST SP4 Patches are also installed. I also
> stopped unecessary service like anti-virus e.t.c.  On the licencse screen
> get the following error message "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress"
> and I just can exit the setup. Does somebody have some advices ?

> Thanks in advance

> Best regards
> Tom

1. Install SQL 2000 SP3 or Windows 2000 SP3 first

Hi All,

Has anyone installed SQL 2000 Service Pack 3 on a Datacenter
installation with Service Pack 2? Wondering if anyone has encountered
any issues with this combination. Apparently SQL SP3 was developed on
a Windows SP3 platform so is it preferrable to install Windows SP3
first, then SQL SP3? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Yuhaw

2. News from the InfoBahn

3. Install Problem with SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Professional

4. Unattended uninstallation with db2unins

5. installing SQL Server 2000 in windows 2000 OS through Telnet problem

6. Creating a database from VB6

7. Installing SQL 2000 CE 1.1 onto SQL 2000 Enterprise Server

8. CRYSTAL REPORTS

9. install SQL 2000 SP3 on Windows XP SP1a

10. SQL Server 2000 SP3 fails to install on Windows Server 2003

11. SQL Server 2000 SP2 and Windows 2000 SP3

12. SQL 2000 Installation on Windows 2000 sp3

13. SQL Server 2000 and Windows 2000 SP3