Stored procedure temp tables field type

Post by Shanth » Sat, 11 Oct 2003 14:58:22

Hi,

I am using SQL Server 2000. I have a stored procedure where in a temp
table is created and the values of it is the output of the procedure. I
would like to get the data types of the temp table (it is not a global
temp table) without looking into the stored procedure or executing the
procedure.

Do we have any sys functions or by any other method can we find it out??
I tried sys_sproc_columns which gave me only the input types, return
values and not the output data types.

Is it possible to find this out? If so, let me know the solution.
Expecting a reply.

thanks

Shanthi.

Stored procedure temp tables field type

Post by nigelrivet » Tue, 14 Oct 2003 06:16:36

Without executing the SP I don't think it's possible.

You could try executing with set fmtonly on to get it to output
the columns.

1. Numerous deadlocks occurred involving Stored procedures using Temp tables

Hi  Everybody

I am working on an Internet Database application

I have some questions related to the temporary table (#tables) usage in
some of the Stored procedures

1) Numerous deadlocks occurred involving the above Stored procedures. Is
it due to the Temp table Usage.
2) As a result of a large number of hanging connections - attempts to
open more connections resulted
    in the max (1000) connection being exceeding.

Hope to get some answers

Thanx  in advance

Domini Joseph

2. Can I access reports in an Acces database from within VB6?

3. Creating a Temp table using results from a store procedure

4. Removal of dt_ stored procedures

5. Compiling Stored Procedure with Temp tables

6. Decimal Places

7. HELP: Stored Procedures and Temp Tables...

8. A contribution: calc UR and BR with awk

9. do we need to explicity drop temp tables in stored procedures

10. variable temp table name, a ~simple~ string problem in stored procedures

11. Returning Temp Table from Stored Procedure

12. Stored procedures and temp tables