Deleting records from Table

Post by Aaron Bertrand [MVP » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 05:22:12

You could insert all records into another table with an IDENTITY or other
key column, delete the suspect rows using the described methods, then move
all the records back.

www.aspfaq.com

Quote:> Looking for any ideas on how to delete duplicate records
> from a table where there are NO unique values in ANY
> column whatsoever.  Apparently it was someones idea of a
> joke NOT to use a primary key!!

Deleting records from Table

Post by Steve Kas » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 05:42:00

Tad,

  You have some choices.  Here are two
recent threads on this topic - if the links don't
work, try the URL's below, removing line breaks,
or search groups.google.com for

  duplicates delete table sqlserver

and you should come up with quite a bit.

 Thread
(http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=3C503B13.D5858FDB%40dre...)

 Thread
(http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=3C3CC04E.CB9E4F29%40dre...)

Steve Kass
Drew University

> Looking for any ideas on how to delete duplicate records
> from a table where there are NO unique values in ANY
> column whatsoever.  Apparently it was someones idea of a
> joke NOT to use a primary key!!

1. Newbie! Deleting Records across Tables

Encoutering somthing new here. I Have a recipe database. I want to delete a
recipe from the Recipes table but also the coresponding MealCategory,
FoodCategory and Ingrediants, that relate to the recipe, from their tables
as well.

But, If the Ingrediant, Meal Category or FoodCategory is being used by
another Recipe, I don't want to delete it.

I'm using ASP Pages with MS Access 2000
Thanks for your help
-andy

2. POET

3. editing and deleting records in table

4. Q pointer in md definition of Procs

5. ** Recovering Disk Space: Deleted records in tables **

6. MSSQL - install problem

7. Problem with deleting records and table buffering

8. HELP me !! In DELPHI 3 AddPassWord no work

9. Is there a way to delete records from table without logging

10. Deleting Records when table is too large (num of recs)

11. Cant delete records from table

12. Deleted records in table with candidate key