How to Determine When SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Expires

How to Determine When SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Expires

Post by Arlen Bak » Mon, 04 Mar 2002 02:32:48

How can I determine when my 120 days are up???

Thanks.

How to Determine When SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Expires

Post by BP Margoli » Mon, 04 Mar 2002 04:44:40

Arlen,

Usually the easiest way is to look at the dates of the files where you
installed the evaluation copy. Add 120 days to those dates.

BP Margolin
Please reply only to the newsgroups.

Quote:> How can I determine when my 120 days are up???

> Thanks.

How to Determine When SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Expires

Post by Arlen Bak » Mon, 04 Mar 2002 13:53:50

BP -

Yep I agree, however there is one thing that I left off:
I had to uninstall the eval edition to make space for
another project that I was working on.  I then removed
that project and re-installed the eval to finish that
project (yea, I know...hard drives are cheap!!!)

I was hoping for either an sp or a exam of a registry
key.  I checked the newsgroups and the msft support
site, but could NOT find anything.

Any suggestions?????

Thanks again.

> Arlen,

> Usually the easiest way is to look at the dates of the files where you
> installed the evaluation copy. Add 120 days to those dates.

> BP Margolin
> Please reply only to the newsgroups.
> When posting, inclusion of SQL (CREATE TABLE ..., INSERT ..., etc.) which
> can be cut and pasted into Query Analyzer is appreciated.

> > How can I determine when my 120 days are up???

> > Thanks.

How to Determine When SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Expires

Post by BP Margoli » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 07:16:28

Arlen,

You can set the computer date ahead and see when the evaluation edition
tells you that it has expired.

Important note ... I have never actually done this, so there is a risk that
once the evaluation edition indicates that the expiration date has been
reached, it might set a switch somewhere so that even after you reset the
computer date, the evaluation edition won't start. Whether this scenario is
plausible or not, I do not know, just trying to CMA if the advice I give you
puts you in a worse place than you are now.

If possible, you might want to install the evaluation edition on another
box, set the computer date ahead, and see what happens when you reset the
computer date.

BP Margolin
Please reply only to the newsgroups.

> BP -

> Yep I agree, however there is one thing that I left off:
> I had to uninstall the eval edition to make space for
> another project that I was working on.  I then removed
> that project and re-installed the eval to finish that
> project (yea, I know...hard drives are cheap!!!)

> I was hoping for either an sp or a exam of a registry
> key.  I checked the newsgroups and the msft support
> site, but could NOT find anything.

> Any suggestions?????

> Thanks again.

> > Arlen,

> > Usually the easiest way is to look at the dates of the files where you
> > installed the evaluation copy. Add 120 days to those dates.

> > BP Margolin
> > Please reply only to the newsgroups.
> > When posting, inclusion of SQL (CREATE TABLE ..., INSERT ..., etc.)
which
> > can be cut and pasted into Query Analyzer is appreciated.

> > > How can I determine when my 120 days are up???

> > > Thanks.

1. Problem in upgrading expired SQL 2000 Evaluation Edition to SQL 2000 Developer Edition

Hi friends,

Im have done my Uni final year project using SQL 2000 evalauation edition,
now  the evaluation edition had expired, I had search the web for the
solution and found this article
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q281/5/74.ASP but it says,
run the setup from a retail version of SQL 2000 CD and Select the "Upgrade
your existing installation" option. When i run the setup using the developer
edition, that option was disabled in the setup screen, i only can either do
a New Instance setup or Advance setup.

Can anyone pls help me out in this, i need to recover my database so badly..

Thanking in advance
muraly

2. Your query did not return any data!!!

3. 2000 evaluation edition expired?

4. Help with for Orphaned users in 7.0

5. Newbie's Connection Problem: SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition

6. Looking for C++ libraries

7. To rotate Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition in Windows 98 IF

8. search on accents -> Why not include this function

9. SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Fails

10. SQL Server 2000 evaluation edition

11. SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition Release A (Protects Against the Slammer Worm)

12. MSDE (Office 2000) vs SQL Server 7.0 120-day Evaluation Edition

13. Downloading Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Evaluation edition