Query Processor Threads

Post by Greg » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 01:35:58

I have a DTS package that calls a stored procedure.  Every
once in awhile I receive the following error.  Does anyone
have any answers as to why I might be getting this error?
I have already done quite a bit of research and all my
findings have resulted in conflicted answers.

Package failed because
Step 'Execute_C_Clinic_ImportProcessing_1' failed.
Error Number -- -2147217900 Error Description -- The query
processor could not start the necessary thread resources
for parallel query execution.
Source -- Microsoft OLE DB Provider

Thanks
Greg
DBA

Query Processor Threads

Post by Andrew J. Kell » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 02:39:27

I haven't seen that particular error but sounds like maybe you don't have
enough worker threads available.  Maybe setting the Max Worker Threads
option to something higher?   sp_configure    Although you would have to be
doing a lot of  processing for this to be an issue.  If you can't find a
reasonable answer you might try giving MS PSS a call:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;sql    SQL Support
http://www.mssqlserver.com/faq/general-pss.asp   MS PSS

--
Andrew J. Kelly
SQL Server MVP

Quote:> I have a DTS package that calls a stored procedure.  Every