problem in running SQL SERVER v7.0 on windows 98

problem in running SQL SERVER v7.0 on windows 98

Post by dhwani sha » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:32:30

hi,

 when I am starting QUERY MANAGER ,Then following
error occurs:
 Error:Msg 17 Level 16 state 1
       failed to connect to server or server not
       exist
[Service Manager is running MSSQLSERVER ,I also
 Tried with MSDTC ,I just know that this
 error occurs due to wrong entry done by User
 but I can't find solution]
 My configuration is as below:
-------------------------------
 10 GB Harddisk,
 Pentium 3 Intel processor,
 64 MB RAM,600 MHz,no Internet connection,no LAN connection
 Personal computer using at home,

 Plese write me solution If you get my problem,
 Regards,
 dhwani
 (a student)

1. SQL Server v7.0 (OLAP) on Windows 98 Problem

This one has me beaten! I successfully (it appears) install all elements of
SQL Server 7 on my PC (Dell xps r450, 256mb ram, 25Gb disk). The database
engine works great. I've successfully loaded and worked with a 3Gb database.
When I go to work with the OLAP services, only the read-me and sample mdx
app are available from my start menu. I've tried several iterations of
uninstall/reinstall (OLAP services only & complete SQL Server7/OLAP/English
query) without variation in the end result. Any ideas anyone?

2. Advantage or Codebase

3. Problem installing SQL SERVER v7.0 on windows 98

4. Table Corrupt Error

5. Run SQL Server from windows 98?

6. ?oà????ˉ

7. SQL Server Remote Registration Failure from Window 98 to Windows 2000 Server

8. Looking for Rochade users

9. Installation of SQL Server 7 Desktop Edition on Windows 98 - PROBLEM

10. ODBC problems with SQL Server 7.0 under Windows-98

11. Problem installing SQL server 7.0 on WIndows 98 computer

12. DTS Package Problem - Running in windows 98

13. Type Name is Invalid error -- Windows 2000/98 application with SQL Server/stored procedure problem