connection pooling - to pool or not to pool

connection pooling - to pool or not to pool

Post by Vinnie the Ra » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 22:26:09

Obviously a SQL newbie, but what advantage is there in pooling ODBC
connections?  Do you have a choice?  What's the downside.
Vinnie

connection pooling - to pool or not to pool

Post by Bill Toleman[M » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 23:21:40

This should give you good overall view of using it.

Q169470 INFO: Frequently Asked Questions About ODBC Connection Pooling
Q166886 INFO: ODBC Connection Pooling and ADO

Bill Toleman [MS SQL Support]

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

1. Java connection pooling vs oracle connection pooling

I am working on an application which makes connection to the
database. Now iam looking for maitaining connection pooling. I
have two options to use. One is using connection pooling in
Java. Two is using connection pooling on the Oracle server
itself. I want to know which which one is best performance wise.
Can anyone give suggestions about this.
Thanks
Ravi

2. HELP...DB app distribution....

3. ODBC Connection Pooling Vs OLE DB Resource Pooling

4. Please help with the query...

5. Truncation of char, varchar, bit, varbit types

6. Going from evalution to registred copy

7. OLEDB Resource Pooling (database connection pooling) without MTS

8. Can I mix pooling and non pooling envs?

9. Large Pool vs Shared Pool

10. Can I mix pooling and non pooling envs?