Does SQL Workstation run on NT Workstation?

Does SQL Workstation run on NT Workstation?

Post by Roland Straus » Sun, 23 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Does the SQL Workstation 6.5 (is there a SQL Workstation 6.5 anyway?) on a
NT Workstation 4.0? Or do you need NT Server?
Roland

Does SQL Workstation run on NT Workstation?

Post by David Alla » Sun, 02 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi Roland

You're no doubt aware that SQL Workstation is a single user license version
of the SQL Server.  It has the full functionality of Server but limits
connections to 15.  I haven't checked whether SQL Workstation 6.5 is
available (I'd be surprised if it wasn't).  The full SQL Server product
runs quite happily on NT Workstation 4.0.

--
David Allan
PrimeArdour Systems Ltd.

http://www.primeardour.co.nz/primeardour

Quote:> Does the SQL Workstation 6.5 (is there a SQL Workstation 6.5 anyway?) on
> NT Workstation 4.0? Or do you need NT Server?
> Roland

1. problems with installation of SQL Workstation 6.0 on NT Workstation 4.0

I'm trying to install SQL Workstation 6.0 on
my home pc which is running NT Workstation 4.0
(dual booting with Windows 95). The set-up goes
smoothly untill the message "Trying to start
SQL Server...", then an error message returns
saying that it can not connect to SQL Server, and I
have to exit set-up program. I can start the MSSQL
services from control manager manually, but since the
installation is not complete, none of the utility
program (SQLEM, etc.) works. The network protocol is
named pipe (default).

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Jun

2. Search for products

3. SQL 6.5 Workstation Installation Problem on NT 4.0 Workstation

4. Welcome looking my Home Page!

5. status 101 / workstation engine and workstation application running on WinNT server

6. "User-defined type not defined"

7. Will SQL Server run on NT Workstation?

8. Select Speed with slow function?

9. Can SQL Server be run on NT Workstation?

10. Running SQL Server on NT Workstation

11. NT Workstations running the 16-bit I/SQLW cannot connect to SQL Server 6.5

12. Running SQL Server on NT Workstation?