SP like CAPS and not small caps

Post by Lars Gr?ttelan » Fri, 03 Jan 2003 23:45:39

Hello!

Just find out something interresting.

If I ran a SP in the Northwind database, I doesn't receive any information.
If I run

exec CustOrderHist 'ANTON'
I receive 15 rows, but when I run
exec CustOrderHist 'Anton'
I doesn't receive anything at all!

Is this a setting in SQL Server somewherer?

-Lars

SP like CAPS and not small caps

Post by Steve Thompso » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 00:06:54

Quote:> Just find out something interresting.

> If I ran a SP in the Northwind database, I doesn't receive any
information.
> If I run

> exec CustOrderHist 'ANTON'
> I receive 15 rows, but when I run
> exec CustOrderHist 'Anton'
> I doesn't receive anything at all!

> Is this a setting in SQL Server somewherer?

Sounds like the SQL collation is case sensitive, the simplest way to
discover what is installed - from Enterprise manager, select the database,
right mouse click properties > on the general tab is the database collation
name. Note that SQL Server 2000 supports table and column level collation as
well.

Steve

1. SP like CAPS and not small caps

Hello!

Just find out something interresting.

If I ran a SP in the Northwind database, I doesn't receive any information.
If I run

exec CustOrderHist 'ANTON'
I receive 15 rows, but when I run
exec CustOrderHist 'Anton'
I doesn't receive anything at all!

Is this a setting in SQL Server somewherer?

-Lars

2. Can someone help me to debug my program?

3. Word Cap or Init Cap functions?

4. D3nt in Pick

5. Need to distinguish all caps from caps/lower case

6. Controlling external format of a field?

7. data stored in caps need to insert into a table in proper case

8. truncate table

9. Update Vendor_id field to all Caps when Vendor_id field is edited

10. Select count(*), with a cap?

11. init caps

12. All caps

13. caps only field