Operation must use an updatable query. (Error 3073)

Operation must use an updatable query. (Error 3073)

Post by Denise Levy-Ankra » Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:20:48

After updating a table the following message is returned:

Error: 3073

Does anyone have any idea what cause this message and how
to correct it?  The data is saved, but the message appears.

Operation must use an updatable query. (Error 3073)

Post by Aaron Bertrand - MV » Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:47:08

Quote:> After updating a table the following message is returned:

Updating a table from where?  With what syntax?  Where is this message
returned?

Quote:> Error: 3073

This sounds like something out of Access.  Are you using an ADP?  Are you
using a client-side recordset to update a SQL Server linked table through
Access?

Try calling a stored procedure that calls an explicit UPDATE statement, or
at least issuing an UPDATE statement directly.

Also see http://www.aspfaq.com/2062 and http://www.aspfaq.com/2009

1. Operation must use an updatable query 3073 - ODBC Error

I am using VB6 to and SQL Server 7.0    .. I can read from the DB fine but
when I try to do a delete statement it gives me the error :  Operation must
use and updatable query error # 3073  ...

the thing is that it works fine from the query analyzer .. when I cut and
paste the code to vb .. it dosen't ..

I also can't use the insert statement from VB either ... it gives me a 3158
error 'Insert on linked table ??? failed' .. but the table isn't a linked
table .. and also works fine from the query analyzer ...

any suggestions ??

2. store procedure on SMP machine

3. Run time error 3073 -Operation must use an updatable query

4. SQL Crashes When I Change Slot of Network Card???

5. Doing lookup with MFC Dao

6. Error 3073 - Operation must use an updatable query

7. Error 3073, Operation must use an updatable query

8. Error 3073 : Updatable Query required

9. "Error 3073: Operation must use an updatable Query" message for Update/Delete with CDaoDatabase / CDaoRecordSet

10. Run-time error '3073' Operation must use an updatable query.