Replication error "Unable to apply retries"

Replication error "Unable to apply retries"

Post by lpat » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 02:14:30

Thanks for the reply, I am using the SSCEError collection to post errors and
unfortunately that is the only error that I am getting(28549).  I am
checking to see if the table is present through the SQL Server Query
Analyzer on the device and the table returns fine there.  Once again it
seems weird to me that the INSERT and DELETES work fine, but the UPDATE
statements error out during synchronization.

Lee

Quote:> It seems to be an integrity violation problem (28549 ).  What is the
> complete list or errors  you get  (use the  SSCEErrors collection)?
> Are you filtering the publication or you just download all the tables to
the
> device ?  I'm asking that because you should verify that the table  you
try
> to updated on the device does not have a reference
> to a non existing table.

> --
> Gil Lapid Shafriri
> SQL Server CE Team
> Microsoft
> SQL Server CE Security Whitepaper:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/administration/2000/securitymod...
Quote:> SQL Server CE Connectivity Troubleshooting Whitepaper :

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/administration/2000/CEconnectiv...

> sp

rights.

> > Hello - I am attempting to use replication for Db synchronization from
> > server to PDA(only direction).  However it appears that sychronization
> only
> > detects changes when they are INSERTS or DELETES, and not UPDATES.  When
> > perform an update to a published table through Enterprise Manager and
then
> > try to synchronize the PDA database I get the 28549 error which is
"Unable
> > to apply retries".  If synchronization will detect when updates are made
> > could someone please advise on how to set this up.

> > I am using SSCE 1.1 and eVB 3.0.

> > Thanks in Advance for Your Help,
> > Lee

Replication error "Unable to apply retries"

Post by Gil Lapid Shafriri - [MS » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 01:25:47

So you have only one table on your publication  ?  Do you try to update the
primary key field on the server ?

--
Gil Lapid Shafriri
SQL Server CE Team
Microsoft
SQL Server CE Security Whitepaper:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/administration/2000/securitymod...
SQL Server CE Connectivity Troubleshooting Whitepaper :

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/administration/2000/CEconnectiv...
sp

> Thanks for the reply, I am using the SSCEError collection to post errors
and
> unfortunately that is the only error that I am getting(28549).  I am
> checking to see if the table is present through the SQL Server Query
> Analyzer on the device and the table returns fine there.  Once again it
> seems weird to me that the INSERT and DELETES work fine, but the UPDATE
> statements error out during synchronization.

> Lee

> > It seems to be an integrity violation problem (28549 ).  What is the
> > complete list or errors  you get  (use the  SSCEErrors collection)?
> > Are you filtering the publication or you just download all the tables to
> the
> > device ?  I'm asking that because you should verify that the table  you
> try
> > to updated on the device does not have a reference
> > to a non existing table.

> > --
> > Gil Lapid Shafriri
> > SQL Server CE Team
> > Microsoft

> --
> > SQL Server CE Security Whitepaper:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/administration/2000/securitymod...
Quote:> > SQL Server CE Connectivity Troubleshooting Whitepaper :

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/administration/2000/CEconnectiv...

> > sp

> --
> rights.

> --

> > > Hello - I am attempting to use replication for Db synchronization from
> > > server to PDA(only direction).  However it appears that sychronization
> > only
> > > detects changes when they are INSERTS or DELETES, and not UPDATES.
When
> > > perform an update to a published table through Enterprise Manager and
> then
> > > try to synchronize the PDA database I get the 28549 error which is
> "Unable
> > > to apply retries".  If synchronization will detect when updates are
made
> > > could someone please advise on how to set this up.

> > > I am using SSCE 1.1 and eVB 3.0.

> > > Thanks in Advance for Your Help,
> > > Lee

1. Unable to apply retries

I'm trying to sync a Casio handheld running Win CE using
the embedded VB run.rep command to a Win 2000 SQL Server
2000 DB using merge replication and receive the following
error intermittently

Error:  Unable to apply retries
Source:  Microsoft SQL 2000 Windows CE Edition
Number:  80040E2F
Param:  0
Param:  0
Param:  0

Synchronization Failed!

The error seems to occur after I have added 2 records to
an intersection table in my DB on the server side.  No
referential integrity contraints have been violated.
Additionally, all idications are that data was
successfully merged to the server from the handheld and
visa versa.

Any ideas as to what is causing this error?

2. SBS to NT Replication

3. Unable to apply retries?

4. Automatically map a network directory

5. Unable to Apply Retries 28549

6. Who can tell me the principal uses of sybase?

7. Unable to apply retries

8. DTS wizard - ActiveX script where is it?

9. 28549 - Unable to apply retries

10. Error "Unable to create buffer file"

11. "Unable to locate cube" error

12. "Unable to modify table" error message

13. Error "Unable to create buffer file"