HELP: Site not working (or working erratically) after Hosting company upgrades server

HELP: Site not working (or working erratically) after Hosting company upgrades server

Post by Cat Do » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 12:43:58

Hello everyone... I'm really stumped by this one; hope someone can help.

Last week, my site hosting company decided to upgrade their servers. Our
site runs on a shared server and accesses SQL data from a separate shared
server.

This morning I noticed my website was failing to completely load pages. It
seems it is timing out with SOME sql operations, but not all. The web
hosting company says that the application is getting stuck trying to access
the site.csc file.

I checked the file with notepad (just open, not save) and noticed that it
had changed since my last backup. The date is the same as the day the
hosting company began moving the websites to the new server. I re-uploaded
the original file but everything is the same.

Most pages end up showing an "error 'ASP 0113'" message. If I try to access
my website manager it gives an error about not finding a stored procedure.

==//==
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored
procedure 'usp_ConsUsuario'.
/site/manager/include/Manager.asp, line 70
==//==

I know the stored procedure is there... I connected to the SQL server with
Query Analyzer and everything works fine there.

Our application was working perfectly last night.

Any ideas? Where do we begin to look? What could be going on? It does not
seem to be any kind of hack attack.

Thanks for any leads, hints, tips or, even better, solutions.

Best Regards,

Carlos.

HELP: Site not working (or working erratically) after Hosting company upgrades server

Post by Vishal Ana » Wed, 17 Oct 2001 07:01:47

Hi Carlos,

Check , who is the owner of the stored proceudre and the tables that it
refrences
Let me know if it helps

Regards
Vishal Anand
Microsoft SQL Server Support

Of course, this posting wouldn't be complete without a nice, juicy
disclaimer from our lawyers:  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001
Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

HELP: Site not working (or working erratically) after Hosting company upgrades server

Post by Vishal Ana » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:07:51

Customer is not replying. Will close it now and customer will re-open if
required