Can't install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 French

Can't install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 French

Post by Loic Duva » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 01:27:48

Hi,

I can't install SQL Server 2000 French (either Developer
or Enterprise - MSDN Version) on Windows Server 2003
French (Standard - Final - downloaded from MSDN).

I get a dialog box saying that SQL Server 2000 cannot be
installed on this operating system. If I click continue,
the setup fails before the end of setup process.

Does anybody know a solution?

Loic

Can't install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 French

Post by Brian Baughman [MS » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:20:59

The initial message should be that only SQL SP2 and higher is supported.
You should be able to install fine, then roll up your installation to SP3.

Can you attach the sqlstp.log file that contains the failure?  My initial
hunch would be an SSL error.

--
Brian Baughman
Microsoft SQL Server Setup QA

When posting, please state the version of SQL Server being used and the
error number/exact error message text received, if any.

==========

Quote:> Hi,

> I can't install SQL Server 2000 French (either Developer
> or Enterprise - MSDN Version) on Windows Server 2003
> French (Standard - Final - downloaded from MSDN).

> I get a dialog box saying that SQL Server 2000 cannot be
> installed on this operating system. If I click continue,
> the setup fails before the end of setup process.

> Does anybody know a solution?

> Loic

1. Install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 WEb Edition

Hi,
I am a web developer and i have been given the task to
test the new Windows Server 2003 RC2 Web Edition to be
used within out corporation. One of tests is to use SQL
server on that platform.
My question is: Can that be done?
I have tried to install every version of SQL server 2000,
but the installation wizard fails to start up. Are there
any way to solve this?

Thanks for any replies.

/Roger

2. Clustering on NT with DB2 UDB

3. SQL Server 2000 SP3 fails to install on Windows Server 2003

4. java.sql.SQLException: Protocol violation (help needed)

5. SQL Server 2000 won't install on Window Server 2003

6. WHERE IN vs WHERE EXISTS

7. Installing MS SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003 Web Edition RTM

8. PICK PROFESSIONAL LOOKING IN PHILA AREA 20 + YRS EXPERSIENCE!

9. How to install SQL Server 2000 om Windows 2003

10. Installing SQL 2000 Server on Win Server 2003 Standard

11. SQL Server 2000 Setup Procedure on Windows Server 2003

12. SQL 2000 Server SP3 and Windows Server 2003

13. Issues installing SQLServer 2000 on Windows Server 2003