transactional replication adding replication guid to table

transactional replication adding replication guid to table

Post by Jonathan Follan » Sat, 04 May 2002 03:22:09

When creating a publication for transactional replication, not merge
replication, the process of creating the publication added a replication
guid column to the table.

According to SQL books, only merge replication creates this column.  Is
there anyone who has encountered the same replication column creation with
transactional replication?  If so, under what circumstances does the column
get created.

Or was I just nuts when I set up the replication and actually created a
publication for merge rather than transactional replication?

TIA

Jonathan Folland

transactional replication adding replication guid to table

Post by Raj Gil » Sat, 04 May 2002 14:52:40

Jonathan,
When creating a publication with transactional replication and enabling
queued updating, SQL Server will add a GUID column.

Do you possibly have this option set for your trans publication?

rgill

Quote:> When creating a publication for transactional replication, not merge
> replication, the process of creating the publication added a replication
> guid column to the table.

> According to SQL books, only merge replication creates this column.  Is
> there anyone who has encountered the same replication column creation with
> transactional replication?  If so, under what circumstances does the
column
> get created.

> Or was I just nuts when I set up the replication and actually created a
> publication for merge rather than transactional replication?

> TIA

> Jonathan Folland

transactional replication adding replication guid to table

Post by Jonathan Follan » Sat, 04 May 2002 22:17:38

that was it.

Many thanks.

Jonathan