MS 6.5 backup problems - need official answer

MS 6.5 backup problems - need official answer

Post by Carl Wyle » Sat, 21 Jun 1997 04:00:00

We are running WIN-NT 3.51 and SQL server 6.5 on a CompaQ presario
Server
We upgraded to 6.5 from 4.21.

We are having problems 'seeing' what we save to tape. Eg. we use the
window bassed backup screens as well as a SQL script that backups all
the databases with one go.

For some reason we can't see any of the saves on the tape. I tried
looking at if with the Enterprise Manager. I was told it could be the
LOAD NO_HEADERS command did not work right.

We found that we can manually save and restore information from the
drive, but we have to specify the index of the file on the tape for
restores.

I suspect that the header information is not being stored to the tape.

We can see headers of saves made from our other SQl 4.21 server.

Thank you for your responce.

Carl Wyles - Data Applications Programmer. Denver County Court.

MS 6.5 backup problems - need official answer

Post by Neil Pik » Sat, 21 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Carl,

 If you do a LOAD HEADERONLY from ISQL/W does that show the info?

 Protech Computing Ltd (MS Solution Provider)
 Using Virtual Access 4.00 build 213a (32-bit) on NT 4.0 SP3

Post by Carl Wyle » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> Carl,

>  If you do a LOAD HEADERONLY from ISQL/W does that show the info?

>  Protech Computing Ltd (MS Solution Provider)
>  Using Virtual Access 4.00 build 213a (32-bit) on NT 4.0 SP3

When I use the LOAD no_headers option is shows nothing.

MS 6.5 backup problems - need official answer

Post by Carl Wyle » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> Carl,

>  If you do a LOAD HEADERONLY from ISQL/W does that show the info?

>  Protech Computing Ltd (MS Solution Provider)
>  Using Virtual Access 4.00 build 213a (32-bit) on NT 4.0 SP3

(sorry about the previous post)
The LOAD HEADERSONLY option shows nothing.

MS 6.5 backup problems - need official answer

Post by Neil Pik » Thu, 26 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Carl,

 Only thing I can suggest is apply SP3 for 6.5 and if it still doesn't work, it
must be some incompatibility with your particular tape drive/driver.  You'd
need to call it in to MS PSS to resolve this one.

Post by Carl Wyle » Thu, 26 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> Carl,

>  Only thing I can suggest is apply SP3 for 6.5 and if it still doesn't work, it
> must be some incompatibility with your particular tape drive/driver.  You'd
> need to call it in to MS PSS to resolve this one.

>  Protech Computing Ltd (MS Solution Provider)
>  Using Virtual Access 4.00 build 213a (32-bit) on NT 4.0 SP3

Where do you find SP3 for 6.5? We have been looking for this for some
time, and still hav'nt found it.

1. Need Help with ODBC/MS SQL Server 6.5/Peer Web Server 3.0/Frontpage Problem

I am looking for help with the following problem:

I receive the following error when trying to execute a stored procedure
that is called through an .idc file in my FrontPage web:

" [State=37000][Error=103][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
Server]The identifier that starts with 'A01,B01,C01,D01,' is too long.
Maximum length is 30. "

The stored procedure gets passed a variable which is a variable length
string made up of comma separated values (values from a multiple-select
checkbox set).  In my stored procedure, I have allowed for this to be a
maximum of 60 characters in length, and when I execute it in a SQL
Server query window, the stored procedure works just fine.  However,
when I execute it through the .idc file in the Frontpage web, I get the
above error.

Here is another interesting feature to this problem...I have a local
copy of the same web.  When I execute the sp from my machine (so, I am
going over the network using ODBC to get the data from another machine),
it does work.  It just doesn't work on the machine on which the web and
database both are.

My ODBC SQL Server Driver is version 2.65.0240.  The one on the other
machine is 2.65.0201.  I have service pack three.  The other machine has
service pack 1.  We tried updating it to service pack three, but that
did not update the driver to the .0240 version, and the problem remains.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help with this.

Thanks,
Sudha

2. Commits and Rollbacks

3. Migration from MS Access 7.0 to MS SQL Server 6.5 - NEED HELP

4. export utility

5. RFI Needed: Programming Tool for MS SQL Server 6.5 Needed

6. Layout for Crystal Report

7. Official Support for 6.5

8. What syntex do u like

9. Seagate Backup Exec - MS SQL Server 6.5

10. CA Arcserve 6.5 Backup and MS SQL 7.0

11. In the beginning my application used MS SQL Server 6.5 and the backup to

12. MS SQL Server 6.5 backup/restore