Reccomendations on SQL Server CE, eVB development....

Reccomendations on SQL Server CE, eVB development....

Post by andrea onorat » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 21:29:38

Hi,

I am about to embark on a project requiring a simple DB application using
the above tools on a Pocket PC and a SQL Server 2000 Database in the
backend.

As any of you to tried to develop somithing similar on either a Toshiba
Pocket PC e740 or Compaq iPAQ H3970, both runing Pocket PC 2002?
Which one of these two Pocket PC would you reccomend for developing/running
the above softwares system?

Helps is much appreciated.
Regards,
Andrea

Reccomendations on SQL Server CE, eVB development....

Post by Nigel Littlewoo » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 19:37:25

We activly use both platforms, with great success. You
can't really go wrong with either of these machines.

There are subtle differences however, and it is worth
looking at them in some detail to see which model is more
suited to your requirements, in terms of the development
environment, our code runs on both machines without change.

Do consider though, connectivity options, cases, screen
size, brightness, battery life, durability etc. as it's
the combination of all these things including your
software that will make it a great solution.

As always DYOR.

Regards,
Nigel.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>I am about to embark on a project requiring a simple DB
application using
>the above tools on a Pocket PC and a SQL Server 2000
Database in the
>backend.

>As any of you to tried to develop somithing similar on
either a Toshiba
>Pocket PC e740 or Compaq iPAQ H3970, both runing Pocket
PC 2002?
>Which one of these two Pocket PC would you reccomend for
developing/running
>the above softwares system?

>Helps is much appreciated.
>Regards,
>Andrea

>.

Reccomendations on SQL Server CE, eVB development....

Post by Vladislav Artuko » Tue, 08 Oct 2002 01:02:06

may be... Compaq iPAQ H3970 (hmm, please see
http://www.ipaqpetition.com/main.htm)
also, think about wire (not wireless) Ethernet connection (by CF or PCcard
NIC) for speed up develepment process

1. deVBuzz.com tutorial - eVB and ADOXCE with SQL Server for CE

Hi All,

For anyone familiar with using SQL Server on the Desktop, and now
looking to use SSCE, one tool that will be missed right away is
Enterprise Manager. Tim Chaffee has written this excellent and
pioneering article covering some of the aspects of managing a database
on the CE device and the tools that are available to make the job of
managing database easier using eVB.

http://www.deVBuzz.com/content/zinc_adoxce_with_sql2000ce_pg1.asp

Regards
Derek Mitchell

* eVB Tutorials - http://www.deVBuzz.com *
* Host your Pocket PC apps - file upload *
* Join the Global Pocket PC Registry     *

2. Help.. Noobie ADO Update Speed Question

3. new deVBuzz.com article - eVB and SQL Server 200 CE

4. switch off the log

5. SQL Server CE - eVB - image-datafield

6. DBEngine.Idle dbFreeLocks, When? Where? Why?

7. Help for an eVB application with Sql Server CE

8. has anyone been able to work with ragged dimension?

9. Create a Binary File in eVB From a BLOB SQL CE Column

10. memory usage in sql ce & eVB

11. SQL Server CE, CE.NET and eVC++ 4

12. SQL Server CE 1.1 + SP1 + CE.NET succeed??

13. SQL Server CE SP1 Refreshed with support for Windows CE .NET