RFI Needed: Programming Tool for MS SQL Server 6.5 Needed

RFI Needed: Programming Tool for MS SQL Server 6.5 Needed

Post by Drakkon- » Wed, 17 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I posted a similar RFI but it seems I stated my concern vaguely. Anyway
what I meant by programming tool for batch Jobs to run on the server
(NT) which will access MS SQL Server, is something like R4GL for
Informix Online or PL/SQL for Oracle Server.  I need a similar tool or
product which will allow me to program in 3GL or 4GL for performing
processes or transactions against the MS SQL Server 6.5 database
residing in my NT box.  This programming tool whould be able to produce
code that will be able to process transaactions (inserts, updates,
deletes and reports) against the SQL Server database.  I know that NT
and SQL server has task schedulers but what I need is to be able to
create programs to be scheduled for execution by these task
schedulers/managers.  I don't want to use NT batch programming (shell
script) I need something like a 3GL or 4GL programming language that I
can run from the NT box itself.  Thanks for any help.  And to those who
answered my previous post on this same matter thank you fo rthe info and
sorry I was not able to state my request clearly.

[...]

Post by Christopher A. Re » Sat, 20 Dec 1997 04:00:00

On Tue, 16 Dec 1997 11:36:51 +0800, Drakkon-X

>I posted a similar RFI but it seems I stated my concern vaguely. Anyway
>what I meant by programming tool for batch Jobs to run on the server
>(NT) which will access MS SQL Server, is something like R4GL for
>Informix Online or PL/SQL for Oracle Server.  I need a similar tool or
>product which will allow me to program in 3GL or 4GL for performing
>processes or transactions against the MS SQL Server 6.5 database
>residing in my NT box.  This programming tool whould be able to produce
>code that will be able to process transaactions (inserts, updates,
>deletes and reports) against the SQL Server database.  I know that NT
>and SQL server has task schedulers but what I need is to be able to
>create programs to be scheduled for execution by these task
>schedulers/managers.  I don't want to use NT batch programming (shell
>script) I need something like a 3GL or 4GL programming language that I
>can run from the NT box itself.  Thanks for any help.  And to those who
>answered my previous post on this same matter thank you fo rthe info and
>sorry I was not able to state my request clearly.

Why do you need an "external" programming system?  What do you want to
do that cannot be accomplished by SQL scripts?

Christopher Reed

1. Migration from MS Access 7.0 to MS SQL Server 6.5 - NEED HELP

There is 10MB Access database (about 40 tables, 50 queries, 50 procedures)
that is accessed by 10 Access clients.
Since this base will be considerably enlarged soon, i have decided
transfere it to SQL server to avoid this problem in future.
Of course, all the relationships inside must be saved and client parts must
be able work with new base.
Is there any way to do this automatically, or i must write code to export
each table, restore all relationships and then link these table back to
client base?

Thanks
--
Kirill V. Florensky

2. Select

3. Need Help with ODBC/MS SQL Server 6.5/Peer Web Server 3.0/Frontpage Problem

4. Sync Form with Grid

5. HELP!!! : MS SQL Programming Tool Needed

6. SQL Server needs root access to c: drive??

7. Need web-based ad hoc query tools for SQL*Server 6.5

8. VB Data Control??

9. I need, must have program for converting Access DB to SQL server 6.5 Script

10. Need help to install and setup MS SQL Server 6.5

11. MS Access - SQL Server 6.5 Help needed!

12. Help needed on migration from SqlAnywhere to MS Sql Server 6.5