Access 97 / SQL Server: Login Prompts when query is run twice

Access 97 / SQL Server: Login Prompts when query is run twice

Post by Klaus Rammi » Thu, 12 Mar 1998 04:00:00

hi,
i have an application with an access97 frontend linked (linked tables)
to an SQL-Server 6.5 SP4. in this application, there are a lot of froms
based on queries. the login to the sql-server is coded, so all users use
the same sql-server login, different user-rights are handled by
access-users (the backend migrated from an access-solution to
sql-server). so, the user never has to login to sql-server. BUT in some
circumstances he has to do: we have tho forms based on the same query,
the one schowing an overview, the other showing all fields. the
detail-form can be started directly, all works fine. the overview-form
works well too. the detail-form can be started from the overview-form,
in this case the user is asked for the sql-server-login and password. if
he logins correct, he's never be asked later. this appears only, when
the query is run twice at a time, i can reproduce it by opening one of
the forms and then opening the query direct.
please tell me, whats going on and how to work around the problem.
klaus

Siemens Nixdorf Informationssysteme AG
Heinz Nixdorf Ring            Voice : (+49) 5251 8-14956
D 33094 Paderborn             Fax   : (+49) 5251 8-14902
            X.400: de;dbp;scn;sni;pdb1;s1;;;Rammig;Klaus

1. Access 97 to SQL Server 7 login

Hi,

I am new to SQL Server and I am having a problem with the logon from an
Access 97 database.

I created a program in Access 97 and I upsized it to a remote SQL Server 7
via an ODBC connection.  When I open a form in my program I am prompted to
logon to each table attached to the form. Once I input my logon info 8
million times I can see the record ok.  This is repeated anytime I try to
add a new record or switch forms.

I am using SQL security with a user that has owner permissions.  I also
tried using a trusted connection with a user that has administrator
permissions on the NT server.  For each user I checked all of the boxes for
each of the corresponding tables to allow the user to select, edit, delete,
etc.

When I upsized I checked the box that said to save the logon info.  I also
tried without the box checked.

I know it's something simple I just haven't learned yet.

HELP!!!!

2. How to convert nvarchar to numeric

3. Access 95 / SQL Server: Login Prompts

4. Looking for Oracle DBA job

5. MS-Access 97 to SQL Server to MS-Access 97

6. User Connect/Disconnect History

7. Is it Good to use SP_ExecuteSql as SubProgram ?

8. Different results of same query in access 97 and SQL server 7.0

9. SLOW Access 97 Vs 2.0 queries against SQL Server

10. SLOW Access 97 vs 2.0 queries against SQL Server

11. Suspect SQL server table locking with Access 97 query

12. How to upsize Access 97 Crosstab query to SQL Server 2000