SQL 2000 MAPI Recognition

Post by Rocky Perkin » Sat, 18 May 2002 06:14:29

I have recently upgraded to SQL Server 2000 and installed
Outlook 2000 to enable the use of SQL MAIL.  However, when
I am trying to select the Profile to use within Support
Services and Properties, there is not a Profile
available.  It is not recognizing the one I created under
Outlook.  Outlook was installed under my username as
opposed to the account naem that sql server runs..
however, when I sign on using the account name that sql
server runs, I was required to create a new Internet Mail
Profile under Outlook.  It was my assumption that the
Profile would be saved and visible/usable by SqL Mail.  I
appreciate any help.  ThanksRocky

SQL 2000 MAPI Recognition

Post by Corey Trace » Sat, 18 May 2002 08:01:50

you will need to use the 'corporate workgroup' option when configuring
outlook 2k for sql 2k in order to access the Xchange server.  log into the
server with the acct sql runs under and then start outlook 2k and go to
tools, options, mail services and select the reconfigure mail support
button...

corey

Quote:> I have recently upgraded to SQL Server 2000 and installed
> Outlook 2000 to enable the use of SQL MAIL.  However, when
> I am trying to select the Profile to use within Support
> Services and Properties, there is not a Profile
> available.  It is not recognizing the one I created under
> Outlook.  Outlook was installed under my username as
> opposed to the account naem that sql server runs..
> however, when I sign on using the account name that sql
> server runs, I was required to create a new Internet Mail
> Profile under Outlook.  It was my assumption that the
> Profile would be saved and visible/usable by SqL Mail.  I
> appreciate any help.  ThanksRocky

SQL 2000 MAPI Recognition

Post by Rocky Perkin » Wed, 22 May 2002 01:10:41

Thanks Cory!
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>you will need to use the 'corporate workgroup' option
when configuring
>outlook 2k for sql 2k in order to access the Xchange

server.  log into the
Quote:>server with the acct sql runs under and then start

outlook 2k and go to
>tools, options, mail services and select the reconfigure
mail support
>button...

>corey

>> I have recently upgraded to SQL Server 2000 and
installed
>> Outlook 2000 to enable the use of SQL MAIL.  However,
when
>> I am trying to select the Profile to use within Support
>> Services and Properties, there is not a Profile
>> available.  It is not recognizing the one I created
under
>> Outlook.  Outlook was installed under my username as
>> opposed to the account naem that sql server runs..
>> however, when I sign on using the account name that sql
>> server runs, I was required to create a new Internet
Mail
>> Profile under Outlook.  It was my assumption that the
>> Profile would be saved and visible/usable by SqL Mail.
>> appreciate any help.  ThanksRocky

>.

1. Email and SQL Server 2000 (CDO vs MAPI)

Hi,
I need to make a decision wether to use CDO or MAPI in order to send emails
from SQL Server.
(I have an Access adp front end and a SQL Server 2000 backend)

I will need to be able to customize the Subject and the body of the email by
querying specific fields of a table.

I don't know which one would be better. I searched the threads and the web
but I wasn't able to find a good comparision. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

2. ODBC Error

3. Mapi profile + SQL server 2000

4. Trigger and Multiple Rows

5. Mapi - Exchange to SQL 2000 proceedure

7. mapi mail problems under sql 2000

8. MAPI/'SQL 2000

9. SQL 2000 - MAPI Problem

10. SQL Server 2000 Beta 2 - MAPI Problems

11. Configuring MAPI for SQL 2000

12. MAPI Client in Windows 2000