help w/RAISERROR could not locate entry for error 777990 in Sysmessages.

help w/RAISERROR could not locate entry for error 777990 in Sysmessages.

Post by Eric Whit » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I'm stumped!   I'm running SQLServer 6.5 sp1 and After this simple insert
statement:

insert into Purchases (
contactnum,
vendornum,
trackingnum,
terms,
shipmethod,
empcode
)
values (
18835,
6354,
'P00437140002',
'Net 30',
'Overnight',
'BTW'
)

I get:

Msg 2758, Level 16, State 1
RAISERROR could not locate entry for error 777990 in Sysmessages.

Can anyone point to in the right direction?  I've tried just about
everything I can think of, but the lack of specific documentation is
stonewalling me.

help w/RAISERROR could not locate entry for error 777990 in Sysmessages.

Post by Thomas K. Coope » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

If the Purchases table has an insert trigger, that insert trigger is raising
error number 777990 (all error numbers greater than 50000 are user errror
messages, not SQL Server errors).  If this is so, you need to use the
sp_addmessage stored procedure to add an error message for error 777990 to
your server.  Whoever supplied the insert trigger should have supplied the
input to sp_addmessage as well as documentation on the meaning of error
777990.

Tom Cooper

>I'm stumped!   I'm running SQLServer 6.5 sp1 and After this simple insert
>statement:

>insert into Purchases (

<snip>

Quote:>I get:

>Msg 2758, Level 16, State 1
>RAISERROR could not locate entry for error 777990 in Sysmessages.

<snip>

1. RAISERROR could not locate entry for error 50009 in sysmessages

Hi all,

I have the following trigger, and when I try to update the database I get
the error below?

CREATE TRIGGER reminder
ON patientclinical
FOR INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
AS RAISERROR (50009, 16, 10)

Why am I getting this error message instead of the error message for error
5009

I looked in master database and under table sysmessages, and error 5009 is
there?

Server: Msg 2758, Level 16, State 1, Procedure reminder, Line 4
RAISERROR could not locate entry for error 50009 in sysmessages.

Thanks for any help
Gerry

2. DOS sector error during APPEND

3. RAISERROR could not locate entry for error 777928 in Sysmessages.

4. ANN: Advanced Data Generator 1.0.3 released

5. RAISERROR could not locate entry for error 778247 in Sysmessages.

6. Links Related To comp.databases - FREE ACCESS

7. Registering 6.5 server from 6.0 SEM (RAISERROR could not locate entry for error 14302 in Sysmessages.)

8. M D Stock Undeliverable mail

9. could not locate entry for error 778432 in sysmessages.

10. Could not Locate entry in SysDatabases

11. Entry point could not be located

12. Procedure entry point can not be located in comctl32.dll

13. Error 3624 - not in sysmessages