SQL Query question

Post by ray » Sun, 26 May 2002 00:37:17

Hi All,

I saw this done before, but could not remember it correctly:
I want to select from a table into a table object, and do another select on
it.
in a stored procedure:

select column1, colummn2 from myTable where ID = 123 as TEST
select column1 from TEST

--

Regards

Ray

SQL Query question

Post by ray » Sun, 26 May 2002 00:43:49

Never mind, I found it, its select * into
--

Regards

Ray

Quote:> Hi All,

> I saw this done before, but could not remember it correctly:
> I want to select from a table into a table object, and do another select
on
> it.
> in a stored procedure:

> select column1, colummn2 from myTable where ID = 123 as TEST
> select column1 from TEST

> --

> Regards

> Ray

SQL Query question

Post by Tom Furnes » Sun, 26 May 2002 01:06:18

ray,
that would be if you want to keep the intermediate results
otherwise you could use a derived table like

select column1 from
(select column1, colummn2 from myTable where ID = 123 ) TEST

Tom

> Never mind, I found it, its select * into
> --

> Regards

> Ray

> > Hi All,

> > I saw this done before, but could not remember it correctly:
> > I want to select from a table into a table object, and do another select
> on
> > it.
> > in a stored procedure:

> > select column1, colummn2 from myTable where ID = 123 as TEST
> > select column1 from TEST

> > --

> > Regards

> > Ray

1. SQL Query question and unload db question

Hello,

I've already accomplished part of what I need to do by going three
sides around the barn, but wondered if there was an easier way.

What I wanted was just a list of the table names in a db.

To do that, I ran help tables *.t*, which, of course, got me _all_ the
information about each table, then did a search, cut and paste routine
on all that to get just the table names into a concise list.

Is there some syntax I missed someplace, or a query routine that would
produce just the table names in a db? What would have really been
peachy, is a routine that would have pulled out only those table names
ending in 000, 110, or 700. The table name format is something like
ttccom010110.

Second part is a question about unloaddb. We're moving a 2.0/8125
install to 2.5/whatever install. The tools that come with the front end
app are apparently Baan tools (the app was originally written in that,
several generations ago).

The typical instructions call for running a bdbpre command line routine
against the aforementioned table list, which creates a delimited file
suitable for doing a bdbpost back into the new install tables.

Are there any problems in moving directly from 2.0 to 2.5? And, is
there anything special or or more preferable about using the
unloaddb/loaddb command line arguments?

Many thanks and for those celebrating Memorial Day, hope it was good
for you.

Regards,

Mike Ossing
Rodem, Inc.
Cincinnati, OH
513-922-6140

2. Odp: How scalable?

3. SQL Query Question...can I do this?

4. Encrypted store procedures are faster ??

5. Sql Query Question.

6. RESTORE A DB

7. HELP: SQL Query Question

8. change internal password?

9. SQL Query question:

10. SQL Query Question about Decision Making

11. SQL Query Question

12. general SQL query question

13. SQL Query Question