xpcmdshell - xpsql.c: Error 5 from CreateProcess...

xpcmdshell - xpsql.c: Error 5 from CreateProcess...

Post by Darren Gree » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I am having trouble with xp_cmdshell on one my SQL Servers (SQL7
SP1 on NT 4 SP5)
I cannot use xp_cmdshell. Even the simplest command :

exec xp_cmdshell 'dir'

will fail with the following message -

Msg 50001, Level 1, State 50001
xpsql.c: Error 5 from CreateProcess on line 531

A quick search of the KB came up with article "Q248407 - PRB:
Utilizing xp_cmdshell with Non-Sysadmin Accounts in a Clustered
Environment". This quotes the same error message, but I am using
the sa account in a non-clustered environment.

Does anyone have experience of this?

Darren Green
SQL/DTS - http://www.swynk.com/friends/green/

1. xpsql.cpp: error 5 from CreateProcess on line 675 - Help Please

At work we have a stored procedure that takes selected data from a job
record and turns it into an electronic invoice ( a text file), to be
sent via an EDI mechanism. The file is just created and placed in a
folder on the network.

The extract has worked ok for 18 months but all of a sudden it has
started failing with the following error in the grid..

Result - use development1 set con
batchis:985
Msg 50001, level 1, state 50001
xpsql.cpp: error 5 from CreateProcess on line 675

Lines 3 & 4 then repeat approx 300 times for this particular batch
number

The error appears for any procedure that selects data in a similar
manner so I don't think it's related to the specific stored procedure. I
am not aware of anyone making changes to any of the database settings.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Bob

2. Data Warehouse Design Question

3. BUG - xpsql.c error 997 on line 465

4. Indexing and Appended records

5. HELP - xpsql.cpp: Error 87 from GetProxyAccount

6. ONE YEAR VISITING POSITION

7. xpsql.cpp Error 997 from Get Proxy Account

8. xpsql.cpp: Error 997 from GetProxyAccount on line 472

9. URGENT: xpsql.c Error 2 message with xp_cmdshell

10. Error 1326 in xpsql.c

11. urgent - xpsql.cpp logonuserW error

12. xpsql.c: Error 2