How can I turnoff user inneaction for errors

How can I turnoff user inneaction for errors

Post by a.. » Sat, 20 Jan 2001 06:53:27

How can I stop the user inneraction when I get an error message? When
remote usere download the database and a record has an error ( field
exceded the limt) SQL requires me to click on "OK" at the console
befoer it continues to download. If I am not at the console the DL
will eventualy timeout and the DL never finishes. Where can I shut
this option down and just have SQL log it? Please help

1. User-defined error when the user doesn't define any errors

I have a rather maddening problem.  Occassionally
my VB3 application pops up an Error #2004 during
some database manipulation.  Typing out the error
message in the debug window with "print error(2004)"
gives me simply, "User-defined Error."

I have not defined any errors in my program.  The
actual line where this is occurring looks like
this:

db.Execute "UPDATE * FROM gtus SET New = False WHERE New = True"

  where "db" is just an Access 1.1 database with
a table called "gtus" and an Integer field called
"New" that I want to set False for all records.
Seems like a pretty inocuous statement, eh?

How can a VB application generate an error that it
claims was defined by me???  All ideas/suggestions
welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

Kirk

2. Trandserring a text field from sqlserver to an ODBC Connection

3. MDX : Canned Report or OLAP

4. Can Analysis Services users view a cube's schema in Cube Editor without being in "OLAP Administrators"?

5. Anyone know of some canned (cheap or free) DB performance testing software

6. How to create the SELECT script?

7. canned code to get db on web quickly via perl or

8. Two Server connection on ISDN

10. bcp canned app

11. if you will promise Allahdad's swamp against cans, it will angrily depart the unit

12. Switching from inhouse to canned package.

13. Canned PARADOX scripts?