news group server name.

Post by Rames » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 00:58:44

Hello Everybody,

I am accessing this news group in my outlook express.  Eventhough I am
posting any information it is helping me a lot in my day to day activities.
I am a SqlServer/Web Developer .  I setup my outlook point to the news
server i.e. news.microsoft.com. Now i want to view the posting in the news
group comp.databases.ms-sqlserver.  Can anyone tell me what is the news
server name for this?

Thanks
Ramesh

news group server name.

Post by Habib Sali » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 02:19:33

RAmesh,
Please contact your ISP and ask them for the name of their newsserver.
typically, it is news.<ispname>.com or nntp.<ispname>.com
Whether comp.databases.m-sqlserver is available to you will depend on
whether
your isp subscribes to it.

Alternatively you could go to Dejanews and read the postings there
HTH
HS

Quote:> Hello Everybody,

> I am accessing this news group in my outlook express.  Eventhough I am
> posting any information it is helping me a lot in my day to day
activities.
> I am a SqlServer/Web Developer .  I setup my outlook point to the news
> server i.e. news.microsoft.com. Now i want to view the posting in the news
> group comp.databases.ms-sqlserver.  Can anyone tell me what is the news
> server name for this?

> Thanks
> Ramesh

news group server name.

Post by Rames » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 07:13:31

Hi..

Thanks the problem.  My ISP's news server is sometimes down.  So I am unable
to access my desired news groups whenever i want.  I tried adding
"news.microsoft.com" and it worked luckily.  Here "microsoft" is not my ISP.
Now i want to add "comp.databsaes.ms-sqlserver" in the same manner for that
I want to know the news group server.  Please correct me if  i am wrong or
trying to explain something stupid.

Thanks
Ramesh

> RAmesh,
> Please contact your ISP and ask them for the name of their newsserver.
> typically, it is news.<ispname>.com or nntp.<ispname>.com
> Whether comp.databases.m-sqlserver is available to you will depend on
> whether
> your isp subscribes to it.

> Alternatively you could go to Dejanews and read the postings there
> HTH
> HS

> > Hello Everybody,

> > I am accessing this news group in my outlook express.  Eventhough I am
> > posting any information it is helping me a lot in my day to day
> activities.
> > I am a SqlServer/Web Developer .  I setup my outlook point to the news
> > server i.e. news.microsoft.com. Now i want to view the posting in the
news
> > group comp.databases.ms-sqlserver.  Can anyone tell me what is the news
> > server name for this?

> > Thanks
> > Ramesh

news group server name.

Post by Neil Pik » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 07:36:36

 Ramesh - this will be your ISP's news server

 > I am accessing this news group in my outlook express.  Eventhough I am

Quote:> posting any information it is helping me a lot in my day to day activities.
> I am a SqlServer/Web Developer .  I setup my outlook point to the news
> server i.e. news.microsoft.com. Now i want to view the posting in the news
> group comp.databases.ms-sqlserver.  Can anyone tell me what is the news
> server name for this?

> Thanks
> Ramesh

 Reply here - no email
 SQL FAQ (484 entries) see
 (faqxxx.zip in lib 7)
 or www.sqlserverfaq.com
 or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

news group server name.

Post by HSali » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:04:02

Ramesh,
As I know it, and i am not an expert in this area,
is that you either have news servers hosted by companies that support their
products
or you have servers hosted by your ISP, which then requires you to be a
member and
has some method of veryfying that you are a customer.

For what it is worth, try adding news.bellatlantic.net or if you are in
India, news.stayam.net
(or was it netnews.satyam.net?)

I dont know if the 'real' address for 'public' newsgroups such as the
comp.<XX>