Upgrade Database version

Post by Jonath » Thu, 26 Dec 2002 22:36:50

Hi, all.

My database has changed(tables,constraints,sp,date) from one version to another.
I should write a patch that run on old version and makes an upgrade to
upper version without corrupting a data.
Are there any tools that do it?

Thanks.

Upgrade Database version

Post by BP Margoli » Fri, 27 Dec 2002 00:04:04

Jonathan,

I've personally never used it, but you might take a look at SQLCompare from
www.red-gate.com.

BP Margolin
Please reply only to the newsgroups.

Quote:> Hi, all.

> My database has changed(tables,constraints,sp,date) from one version to
another.
> I should write a patch that run on old version and makes an upgrade to
> upper version without corrupting a data.
> Are there any tools that do it?

> Thanks.

1. Upgrade production database to new version

Hai All,

Does anyone know about a tool (other than Cast Workbench) that let's you
change a database given another database?

I.e. the developers have modified the database, added tables, removed
columns, etc. Now the production database should be adapted to the new
structure, but all data should remain intact.

Is there a tool for this which can automate this?

I know all about using scripts etc., but it would be nice to automate
the stuff.

--
Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

2. foreign key trouble (newbie)

3. Use Upgradefe to upgrade a database from version CA-Ingres 6.4/04 and OI 1.2/00

4. Mail merge to MS Word

5. Upgrading SQL Server 7.0 to SQL Server 2000 - Meta Data Repository Database Version Problem

6. FMP3.0 Sort, page breaks

7. Use Upgradefe to upgrade a database from version CA-Ingres 6.4/04 andOI 1.2/00

8. embedded 'lite' databases

9. Upgrading from MSDN version to Enterprise version

10. Trying to Upgrade from Demo version to licensed version

11. Error on Upgrade of version 6.5 to version 7

12. upgrading MSDN 7 version to Standard 7 version

13. How to find the Database version without opening the Database