Questions about Platinum's ModelMart

Post by Zargham Mali » Sat, 20 May 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm evaluating a trial version of Erwin/BPwin and came across what is
called "ModelMart".

I wanted to know if this is a separate software which needs to be
purchased or if it get's installed IF we install Erwin or BPwin on the
server??? I guess I'm kind of confused here and would appreciate some
help from someone who has used this tool. From what I have read so far,
it sounds like a great tool.

I'll appreciate any/all information regarding the subject matter and my
specific question (above)

Thanks,

Zargham

Questions about Platinum's ModelMart

Post by Bob Pfeif » Sat, 20 May 2000 04:00:00

It is a separate product.

Questions about Platinum's ModelMart

Post by Zargham Mali » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup and a copy
was sent to the cited author.]

Hello Bob,
Is it available as an evaluation version on any site? I'll appreciate
your reply.

Thanks,

Zargham

says...

Quote:> It is a separate product.

says...
Quote:> Hello,

> I'm evaluating a trial version of Erwin/BPwin and came across what is
> called "ModelMart".

> I wanted to know if this is a separate software which needs to be
> purchased or if it get's installed IF we install Erwin or BPwin on the
> server??? I guess I'm kind of confused here and would appreciate some
> help from someone who has used this tool. From what I have read so far,
> it sounds like a great tool.

> I'll appreciate any/all information regarding the subject matter and my
> specific question (above)

> Thanks,

> Zargham

Questions about Platinum's ModelMart

Post by Zargham Mali » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup and a copy
was sent to the cited author.]

Hello Bob,
Is it available as an evaluation version on any site? I'll appreciate
your reply.

Thanks,

Zargham

says...

Quote:> It is a separate product.

says...
Quote:> Hello,

> I'm evaluating a trial version of Erwin/BPwin and came across what is
> called "ModelMart".

> I wanted to know if this is a separate software which needs to be
> purchased or if it get's installed IF we install Erwin or BPwin on the
> server??? I guess I'm kind of confused here and would appreciate some
> help from someone who has used this tool. From what I have read so far,
> it sounds like a great tool.

> I'll appreciate any/all information regarding the subject matter and my
> specific question (above)

> Thanks,

> Zargham

1. Comparison of Platinum's DBVision and BMC's Patrol

I posted this a couple of weeks ago but did not receive a response.

Can someone give me any comparisons of Pros and Cons of using
Platinum's DBVision and BMC's Patrol performance monitors.

TIA,

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC
Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/seldin

2. How to write out Chinese / Japanese characters?

3. TSReorg from Platinum / Database 'standards'

4. Management position/PICK

5. Platinum Software/Sequel to Platinum, comments please

6. job opportunity

7. Platinum's Image Analyzer

8. How to connect to sql7 on NT4?

9. mdbs's Platinum engine

10. Usefulness of Platinum's Postings

11. Usefullness of Platinum's Postings

12. CA bogus information regarding Platinum's modeling tools

13. Informix and Platinum's Autosys