SQL 7.0 error "Invalid Cursor State"

Post by Ron Walter » Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:00:00

HI,

I'm developing a DB with SQL 7.0  I've created a table with an integer
field.  Every record has 0 in this field.  I've changed my mind and would
like to change the data type to decimal.  When I attempt to make this
change, I get the "Invalid Cursor State" error.  I've tried deleting the
field and recreating it, with the same result.  The DB and logs are well
below their maximum size limits.

What's going on? Do I need to delete the whole table and re-create it?

TIA,

Ron Walters

SQL 7.0 error "Invalid Cursor State"

Post by William Zho » Fri, 23 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Steps involved:
Add column in decimal data type to the table.
Copy data from old column to the new column.
Drop the old column.

With SQL 7 new feature on drop table column. It should work.

William Zhou