Full text search results not displaying

Full text search results not displaying

Post by Pete » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 05:09:07



Good day.
I recently upgraded a Sql 2k db server with service packs
2 with full text searching enabled to a service packs 3.
Since the upgrade (3 days ago) I could not run a full text
query with the key word "contains".

I have substituted "contains" with "like" but I'll still
like to know what's going on. When I looked in the
execution plan of the query with the keyword "contains" it
shows that the query ran okay but no results were
displayed.

Your insight will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

 
 
 

Full text search results not displaying

Post by Hilary Cotte » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:05:37


can you post the sqlsp.log and sqlstp.log files which you can find in cd
\%windir%?


Quote:> Good day.
> I recently upgraded a Sql 2k db server with service packs
> 2 with full text searching enabled to a service packs 3.
> Since the upgrade (3 days ago) I could not run a full text
> query with the key word "contains".

> I have substituted "contains" with "like" but I'll still
> like to know what's going on. When I looked in the
> execution plan of the query with the keyword "contains" it
> shows that the query ran okay but no results were
> displayed.

> Your insight will be appreciated.

> Thanks,

> Peter


 
 
 

Full text search results not displaying

Post by Pete » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 06:16:47


Thanks for the reply.

The content in these two logs are plenty, do you mind if I
send you an attachment (via your email)?

>-----Original Message-----
>can you post the sqlsp.log and sqlstp.log files which you
can find in cd
>\%windir%?



>> Good day.
>> I recently upgraded a Sql 2k db server with service
packs
>> 2 with full text searching enabled to a service packs 3.
>> Since the upgrade (3 days ago) I could not run a full
text
>> query with the key word "contains".

>> I have substituted "contains" with "like" but I'll still
>> like to know what's going on. When I looked in the
>> execution plan of the query with the keyword "contains"
it
>> shows that the query ran okay but no results were
>> displayed.

>> Your insight will be appreciated.

>> Thanks,

>> Peter

>.

 
 
 

Full text search results not displaying

Post by Hilary Cotte » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:44:39


Please, also post a copy here.
>-----Original Message-----
>Thanks for the reply.

>The content in these two logs are plenty, do you mind if
I
>send you an attachment (via your email)?

>>-----Original Message-----
>>can you post the sqlsp.log and sqlstp.log files which
you
>can find in cd
>>\%windir%?



>>> Good day.
>>> I recently upgraded a Sql 2k db server with service
>packs
>>> 2 with full text searching enabled to a service packs
3.
>>> Since the upgrade (3 days ago) I could not run a full
>text
>>> query with the key word "contains".

>>> I have substituted "contains" with "like" but I'll
still
>>> like to know what's going on. When I looked in the
>>> execution plan of the query with the
keyword "contains"
>it
>>> shows that the query ran okay but no results were
>>> displayed.

>>> Your insight will be appreciated.

>>> Thanks,

>>> Peter

>>.

>.

 
 
 

Full text search results not displaying

Post by <jar.. » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:03:57


try rebooting

kick your computer ^^

scream and yell and beat teddy bears up till your not angry

 
 
 

Full text search results not displaying

Post by John Kan » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:39:26


Peter,
You should review your server's Application Event log for
any "Microsoft Search" or MssCi source event errors.
Specificly, search for "No such interface supported" as
this is a key error that indicates that you've hit a new
bug for SQL Server 2000 FT-enabled databases that have
recently been upgraded to SP3.

Search this newsgroup for "No such interface supported"
for postings of valid workarounds. Specificly, it can be
fixed via deleting a Registry key. Note, this error occurs
on servers where either 1) SQL Server 7.0 exists as a
default installation and SQL Server 2000 as a named
instance, or 2) when the SQL Server 2000 has been upgraded
from SQL Server 7.0.

Regards,
John

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Good day.
>I recently upgraded a Sql 2k db server with service packs
>2 with full text searching enabled to a service packs 3.
>Since the upgrade (3 days ago) I could not run a full
text
>query with the key word "contains".

>I have substituted "contains" with "like" but I'll still
>like to know what's going on. When I looked in the
>execution plan of the query with the keyword "contains"
it
>shows that the query ran okay but no results were
>displayed.

>Your insight will be appreciated.

>Thanks,

>Peter
>.

 
 
 

Full text search results not displaying

Post by John Kan » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:39:08


Peter,
In addition to what Hilary asks, could you confirm if this SQL Server 2000
was upgraded from SQL Server 7.0 or if
SQL Server 7.0 is the default server, while this SQL Server 2000 is a named
instance?

If so, the workaround is listed below:
1. Using Regedit.exe verify that the following two Registry keys exist:

HKLM\Software\microsoft\contentindexcommon\LanguageResources\Default\Languag
e Neutral
    HKLM\Software\microsoft\Search\1.0\Language\neutral
2. Stop the "Microsoft Search" (mssearch.exe) service.
3. Using Regedt32.exe delete (or rename) the following Registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Search\1.0\Language\neutral
4. Restart the "Microsoft Search" (mssearch.exe) service.
5. Run a Full Population on all of your FT enabled tables

Note: modifying the system registry is something that can be potentially
dangerous.  Therefore, do so carefully, and be sure to back up the registry
and understand how to restore it if anything goes wrong.

See posting with the subject "Full-Text Search: [Workaround] for 80004002
error during SP3 upgrade/repopulation" for more details.
Regards,
John


> Please, also post a copy here.
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Thanks for the reply.

> >The content in these two logs are plenty, do you mind if
> I
> >send you an attachment (via your email)?

> >>-----Original Message-----
> >>can you post the sqlsp.log and sqlstp.log files which
> you
> >can find in cd
> >>\%windir%?



> >>> Good day.
> >>> I recently upgraded a Sql 2k db server with service
> >packs
> >>> 2 with full text searching enabled to a service packs
> 3.
> >>> Since the upgrade (3 days ago) I could not run a full
> >text
> >>> query with the key word "contains".

> >>> I have substituted "contains" with "like" but I'll
> still
> >>> like to know what's going on. When I looked in the
> >>> execution plan of the query with the
> keyword "contains"
> >it
> >>> shows that the query ran okay but no results were
> >>> displayed.

> >>> Your insight will be appreciated.

> >>> Thanks,

> >>> Peter

> >>.

> >.

 
 
 

1. sql7 sp3 full text search unknown result

Hi, I get the following error with SP3 but not with a machine with SP2. Any
clues how to fix it ?

thanks

Server: Msg 7607, Level 17, State 1, Line 1
Search on full-text catalog 'IndxCatDb' for database ID 7, table ID
130099504 with search condition 'wine' failed with unknown result
(14cef8cc).

2. BACK UP PROBLEM!?

3. Full Text Search Failed with unknown result

4. SQL Problem

5. SQL Server 2000:Incorrect results from full-text search on several columns

6. Echo SQL?

7. Full-Text Search KEYWORDS return no results!!!!!

8. full-text search results

9. Full Text Search Results Inconsistent Between Windows2000 Versions

10. full text search and ranking results

11. Full text search unknown result error (SQL 7Service Pack 3)