Access denied to Access database via intranet

Access denied to Access database via intranet

Post by Chri » Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have used an .asp page to link to an Access database called
Applications.  I have made a System DSN to call the
applications.mdb file.  However, only administrators can access
it.  The permissions to the directory ard file are correct for
the users but they still get an access denied error message
unless we put them in the Administrators group and we don't want
to do that.  Is there something I have missed setting up.
Permissions on the ODBC driver itself, or configuration within
the SYSTEM DSN?

Thank You

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

1. access denied to access database vie intranet

I have used an .asp page to link to an Access database called
Applications.  I have made a System DSN to call the
applications.mdb file.  However, only administrators can access
it.  The permissions to the directory ard file are correct for
the users but they still get an access denied error message
unless we put them in the Administrators group and we don't want
to do that.  Is there something I have missed setting up.
Permissions on the ODBC driver itself, or configuration within
the SYSTEM DSN?

Thank You

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

2. Cannot Upgrade from Beta 7... Cannot remove Beta 7..Please help!!

3. Accessing db via intranet

4. ORA-1036: Table insertion error

5. How to access Des2000 repository via Intranet ?

6. "As" file not found error in VB3

7. Deny access to SQL Svr via Ent Mgr

8. Seasonal address query

9. Replicating an Intranet SQL Server database on an Internet Access database

10. Must open database with Access befor accessing it via ODBC

11. Cannot access SQL Server 6.5 SP4 databases via Access 97

12. Accessing Access Database via internet ?

13. Accessing access via MFC Database classes and ODBC