Counting members timing out for time dimension

Counting members timing out for time dimension

Post by srin » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 23:57:45

When counting the members for the time dimension the Cube
wizard times out ? I am creating my cube directly from the
ORDERS table which has 2.5 million rows. Any ideas ? How
do i increase the timeout value.Afterall Analysis server
is performing a query on my OLTP db ?
-srini

Counting members timing out for time dimension

Post by Paul » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 00:34:27

For a datasource using the "OLEDB Provider for SQL Server" there's a
"General Timeout" property that sounds like it might help.  (Default value
is 15 seconds, which may not be enough to complete a scan of a large table.)

HTH,
Paul.

When counting the members for the time dimension the Cube
wizard times out ? I am creating my cube directly from the
ORDERS table which has 2.5 million rows. Any ideas ? How
do i increase the timeout value.Afterall Analysis server
is performing a query on my OLTP db ?
-srini

Counting members timing out for time dimension

Post by srin » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 00:59:58

It is a connect timeout property not a query timeout
property.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----

Post by srinivas krishnaswam » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 01:08:10

it is a connect time out property. Not a query time out.

Counting members timing out for time dimension

Post by E » Sun, 21 Apr 2002 08:41:04

I have had the same problem recently. The articles on msdn said to
update to service pack 2 for sql2000, but after the upgrade I still
had the problem. This is how I worked around the problem:

Make a view of the table.
Limit the number of rows produced with a where clause.
Count the rows.
Take off the where clause from the view.
Reprocess the cube.

> It is a connect timeout property not a query timeout
> property.

1. Filter Time dimension members based on Current member

Hi all,

I have a cube which has two dimensions,
Time - Year, Week, Day
State

and one measure,
Level.

I want to create a calculated member YTD Avg, which is the
average of the Levels of the same days of the week in all
the weeks in the same year. For examples, the value of
this new calculated member for 1/30/2002, Wednesday, is
the average of the levels of 1/2/2002, 1/9/2002, 1/16/2002
and 1/23/2002.

I have been trying to use Filter function like

Avg(Filter(LastPeriods(360, ParallelPeriod([Time].
[Week],1)), VBA!Weekday(VBA!DateValue
([Time].CurrentMember.Name))=??? AND VBA!Year(VBA!DateValue
([Time].CurrentMember.Name))=???),Level)

But I don't know how to fill in ??? with the day of the
week and the year of the current [Time].[Day] member.
Obviously, I cannot use CurrentMember, because the
CurrentMember in the formula above refers to the member in
the filtered set. Is any one here can help me with this?
Or is there another solution without using Filter?

Thanks in advance,
Yan

2. how to write a disk file to a blob field in SQLServer Database

3. Continual time-outs (time is not on my side)

4. Data Transformation Problem

5. Creating an MDX Calculated Member as an Average over Time Dimension

6. Oracle OCP Book - Is This Correct?

7. calculated member in time dimension

8. calculated members of time dimension

9. Member Name Column property in Time Dimension (non-calendar)

10. Restricting Time dimension for non-additive members?

11. Creating an MDX Calculated Member as an Average over Time Dimension