sql server 7.0 on XP Pro

Post by Steve Thompso » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 02:28:46

Quote:> I am having problem installing sql server 7.0 desktop edition on  XP

Pro,it is failing when it is trying to connect to the service,please help me
out

Even if you set the service account to run as local system policy?

Steve

sql server 7.0 on XP Pro

Post by ram kumar sunki redd » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 02:17:41

Hi,
I am having problem installing sql server 7.0 desktop edition on  XP Pro,it is failing when it is trying to connect to the service,please help me out
Thanks
Ram

sql server 7.0 on XP Pro

Post by srrk » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 08:56:42

yes I am doing the local system profile,it is giving a error code 1060
in the log file Ram

sql server 7.0 on XP Pro

Post by Steve Thompso » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 23:30:34

Let me see what I can find out...

Steve

> yes I am doing the local system profile,it is giving a error code 1060
> in the log file Ram

sql server 7.0 on XP Pro

Post by Steve Thompso » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 00:26:46

According to another post I read, SQL Server 7, must be at sp-3 for this to
work. Please let us know of your results!

Steve

> yes I am doing the local system profile,it is giving a error code 1060
> in the log file Ram

sql server 7.0 on XP Pro

Post by Steve Thompso » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 02:29:34

Also, take a look at "mskb Q269541"

Steve

> yes I am doing the local system profile,it is giving a error code 1060
> in the log file Ram

sql server 7.0 on XP Pro

Post by Dwayne Lanclos [M » Wed, 02 Jan 2002 01:38:57

It would he helpful to have the information recorded in your sqlstp.log
file to determine the cause of the setup failing.  But taking a wild guess,
do you have "File and Printer Sharing" selected for your network
connection?  Do you have the Server service listed in the Administrative
Tools?  If not, then you can't start SQL Server as a service and that could
be the problem.

------
Dwayne Lanclos
Microsoft SQL Server Support

When posting, please state the version of SQL Server being used and the
error number/exact error message text received, if any.

--------------------

> Hi,
> I am having problem installing sql server 7.0 desktop edition on  XP

Pro,it is failing when it is trying to connect to the service,please help
me out
Quote:> Thanks
> Ram

1. SQL Server 7.0 on XP Pro

I am currently running the enterprise version of SQL Server 7.0 on my laptop
under Windows 2000 server. I am getting a new laptop and I am wondering
whether I can install the enterprise SQL Server version under XP Pro?

The desktop version will not work for me because I need the import and
export features.
Thanks

2. bcp

3. Problem Restoring A Database

4. SQL Server 7.0 on XP Pro?

5. Syspublications

6. MS SQL Server 7.0 and Win XP Pro?

7. Implementing outer joins in Ingres?

8. Installing SQL Server 7.0 desktop version on Windows XP Pro

9. Setting up SQL server 7.0 in Windows XP Pro

10. SQL Server 7.0 on NT Server to SQL Server 7.0 on win2k Pro