DTS problem SQL7->DTS->Excel->DTS->SQL7

Post by James Li » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I'm using DTS to export SQL data to an Excel file, let user make updates in
excel, then import back into SQL, deleting old data first.

Problem:
After user edits numeric cells in Excel, in DTS package/Preview shows new
values to be empty or null. Actual import shows same result where new values
in Excel become null in SQL.

I import same Excel file into an Access table. no problem.

1. DTS - SQL7-->Oracle --> SQL7

We are transforming data from SQL7(source) through Oracle8.i (warehouse) to
SQL 7 (datamart). Problem is that INTEGER(4) in SQL ends up as DECIMAL(9)
after going through two transforms.

Anybody have info or reference regarding data type matching ? DTS defaults
etc. BOL doesn't have much info.

Anyone know if OLE/DB treats data type transform differently than pure ODBC
route? i.e. would swapping the interface make any difference ? Or possibly
swapping the Oracle ODBC driver for the Microsoft one ?

Thanks

2. Unique index

3. Delphi>>>>>>>

4. SQL question

5. >>>SYBASE/UNIX ENIGNEERS WANTED>>>>Bay Area, CA.

6. Binding a C++ variable to a Date/Time field using Visual C++???

7. >>>>>>UNIX/SYBASE ENGINEERS WANTED>>>>>> Bay Area, CA

8. Duplicate Key Error

9. Check out the Web below for great Computer Prices >>>>>>>>>>>>

10. ------>>>>>>CASH IN ON THE NET

11. SQL7->Internet->SQL7?

12. >>>>> ORACLE DBA 24/7/365 SUPPORT >>>>>