CommanDLine -creating partitions - processing partitions

CommanDLine -creating partitions - processing partitions

Post by Reinhard Burgman » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 04:00:00

is it possible to create an process partitions of a cube per commands from
commandline?

(to process the database is possible, but I did not find a possibility to
process only one partition)

CU

CommanDLine -creating partitions - processing partitions

Post by Denny Le » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Hi CU,

from the command line, you could use Windows Scripting Host and create a wsf
file.  Using VBScript and DSO, you can create an object referring to a
partition similar to an object referring to the database.

For example
  Set objDSODatabase = CreateObject("DSO.MDStore")
  Set objDSOPartition = CreateObject("DSO.MDStore")

  %code to refer to the objDSODatabase%

  For Each objDSOPartition in objDSODatabase
     %code to process the partition%
  Next

Hope this helps !
denny  8-)

Quote:> is it possible to create an process partitions of a cube per commands from