Network Appliance filers and SQL Server 7.0

Network Appliance filers and SQL Server 7.0

Post by Carl Waldro » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

I am trying to find out if anyone out there is using a Network
Appliance filer to host their SQL database(s) in a production
environment.  Anyone?  If so, what are some of the issues you have
experienced?  Problems?  Success stories?  Are you happy with the
combination?  Please direct all answers to the NG's.

Thanks,

Carl

Network Appliance filers and SQL Server 7.0

Post by Neil Pik » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

 Carl,

 Make sure you run the latest ver of Net App and it should be fine.

Quote:> I am trying to find out if anyone out there is using a Network
> Appliance filer to host their SQL database(s) in a production
> environment.  Anyone?  If so, what are some of the issues you have
> experienced?  Problems?  Success stories?  Are you happy with the
> combination?  Please direct all answers to the NG's.

 Reply here - no email
 SQL FAQ (484 entries) see
 (faqxxx.zip in lib 7)
 or www.sqlserverfaq.com
 or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

Network Appliance filers and SQL Server 7.0

Post by Richard Waymir » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

And make sure you've read
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q196/9/04.ASP

--
Richard Waymire, MCDBA, MCSE, MCSD

Quote:> Carl,

>  Make sure you run the latest ver of Net App and it should be fine.

> > I am trying to find out if anyone out there is using a Network
> > Appliance filer to host their SQL database(s) in a production
> > environment.  Anyone?  If so, what are some of the issues you have
> > experienced?  Problems?  Success stories?  Are you happy with the
> > combination?  Please direct all answers to the NG's.

>  Neil Pike MVP/MCSE.  Protech Computing Ltd
>  Reply here - no email
>  SQL FAQ (484 entries) see
>  http://forumsb.compuserve.com/gvforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps
>  (faqxxx.zip in lib 7)
>  or www.ntfaq.com/Articles/Index.cfm?DepartmentID=800
>  or www.sqlserverfaq.com
>  or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

Network Appliance filers and SQL Server 7.0

Post by Carl Waldro » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Is there any danger of data corruption?  I am also running MSCS (kinda
forgot to mention that) which makes me even more nervous about
network-attaching my databases.  I have read the Kbase article about
Trace Flag 1807...

-Carl

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 22:09:06 +0100, Neil Pike

> Carl,

> Make sure you run the latest ver of Net App and it should be fine.

>> I am trying to find out if anyone out there is using a Network
>> Appliance filer to host their SQL database(s) in a production
>> environment.  Anyone?  If so, what are some of the issues you have
>> experienced?  Problems?  Success stories?  Are you happy with the
>> combination?  Please direct all answers to the NG's.

> Neil Pike MVP/MCSE.  Protech Computing Ltd
> Reply here - no email
> SQL FAQ (484 entries) see
> http://forumsb.compuserve.com/gvforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps
> (faqxxx.zip in lib 7)
> or www.ntfaq.com/Articles/Index.cfm?DepartmentID=800
> or www.sqlserverfaq.com
> or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

1. Network Appliance filers SQL

Hi all,

I am trying to find out if anyone out there is using a Network
Appliance filer to host their SQL database(s) in a production
environment.   We are looking into this as a solution for our
Microsoft and Oracle databases, but I have serious reservations about
mounting database files across a network.

 Anyone doing this?  If so, what are some of the issues you have
experienced?  Problems?  Success stories?  Are you happy with the
combination?  Please direct all answers to the NG's.

Thanks,

Carl

2. SQL Server & IIS

3. HELP: SQL databases on Network Appliance filers (Oracle and/or Microsoft)

4. DBCC checkcatalog

5. SQL 2000 running on a Network Appliance 820 filer

6. oracle logs where are they

7. HELP: SQL databases on Network Appliance filers (Oracle and/or Microsoft)

8. What is best : Oracle or Sql-server ?

9. Network Appliance filers SQL

10. HELP: SQL databases on Network Appliance filers (Oracle and/or Microsoft)

11. Network Appliance Filers

12. Oracle on Network Appliance's Netapp Filer